Big Sam

JK240

Club Member
They've both been advertised on the JD Classics site for quite a while now, along with lots of other stuff too, I don't think its a bonding thing though Rob, they are car dealers and car dealers buy and sell cars, if they get offered profit they sell 'em, simple as that.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
What we think about price is irrelevant really. They are rare cars but not thoroughbreds like Ferraris or Maseratis. The value is in how much the new owner wants the history or the racing opportunity.

I would think that around a fast circuit Johnny Palmer's car would give Big Sam a run for it's money (same driver). However John's car is not eligible for Historic Racing and has no 'provenance'. John's car is all steel too which is to it's credit.

John's car can be driven to the shops and return at least 30 mpg. That's the interesting thing for me.

Is there a market for someone to produce modern Hybrid S30s - I think there is:unsure:

smaurikid

Club Member
Completely agree with you on the value Rob, and would add the old saying "they are worth what people pay " , it is the market that we are in at the moment. But it still is amazing what cars are going for.
Interesting the comment you make on historic racing, hadn't thought about it like that, pace of development has moved things on, but it still isnt possible to race "old V new" .
Maybe we should start a 240z only championship...............