Best Scottish roads? | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Best Scottish roads?

Discussion in 'Anything and everything' started by arcdef, Dec 10, 2020.

1. arcdef

arcdef
    Z Club Member

Evening all,

Planning a road trip up to the Highlands for next summer and was wondering if anyone has any routes or roads they can recommend? Looking to spend around 10 days up there, if you have any routes you travelled before would love to have a look!

Thanks,

Ash

2. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

I did a loop from Fort Willliam to the ferry to Skye and then back over the bridge. It was fantastic.

arcdef likes this.
  3. Bazzateer

Bazzateer
    Z Club Member

Maybe for the trip home? A favourite of mine is the B709 from Heriot (south of Edinburgh just west of the A7) all the way down to Langholm (where you can pick up the A7 again). 2 hours of sheer bliss with barely any traffic. I'll post up a pic in a bit.

arcdef likes this.
  4. Bazzateer

Bazzateer
    Z Club Member

20170410_120319.jpg

atomman and arcdef like this.
  5. arcdef

arcdef
    Z Club Member

You had me at 2 hours of bliss! Will add it to the list!

6. arcdef

arcdef
    Z Club Member

Was it the A830?

7. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't know I'm afraid. It was the most obvious road given the destinations. I doubt there are any bad roads in the area

8. Bazzateer

Bazzateer
    Z Club Member

On the run in the pic I think in 2 hrs I came up behind possibly 3 or 4 other vehicles. You have to slow for the few villages but otherwise it's national speed limit all the way.;)

arcdef likes this.
  9. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

In Argyl and Bute the B8024 is fantastic - Tarbert, Carse, Kilberry, Achahoish etc. Did it 2019 but not in a Datsun.

arcdef likes this.
  10. Ped

Ped
    Z Club Member

Skye has great roads and scenery. Allow plenty of time to get there in the first place, you will end up stopping to check out the scenery a lot.

arcdef likes this.
  11. arcdef

arcdef
    Z Club Member

3 days until I leave for 10 days in the Highlands, any more tips on roads to explore?

Thanks!