Barn Find

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
Barn find, not exactly but everybody calls it a barn find these days.

On my travels I passed a garage with its door open, and I thought I noticed the back of a Datsun. I later went back and sure enough under a cover was a Dastun 240Z, being worked on with the owner.

I asked him if he was getting it ready to go back on the road, but I could soon tell he was getting it ready to sell. Asking a few more questions he already been in contact with the Z Farm who appears to offer him £8,000 - £10,000 blind on the car with his word on the condition of it. It looked like a genuine looked after car and he has owned it since 1984 and I would of thought it would be a good project for anybody who is wanting to re-build it to a high standard. The colour was Red, Registration of the car was : CCF 650L, the only bad thing it has a sunroof.

If anybody is interested I will go knock on his door to get his phone number, but he has obviously seen the interested in these cars on car shows and decided to cash in.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Man! That is one NICE looking car!!!! Most envious! (In a good way)

Congrats!!!

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
Due to the interest in this car, I would like to make it clear I have no financial interest in the car whatsoever, my only intention is to see it go to someone who will restore it as it is the owner's wishes. I only know the owner by simply knocking on his door, and I can tell anybody on here they will not get the car for anything less than £11,000, that is the price. Anyone interested in the car, email me your telephone number and I will pass it on to the owner, and it is down to you and the owner then.

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
For all those who sent me your telephone numbers, I had 5 numbers on Friday morning which I passed on, and I believe the car has been sold.

I feel someone is very lucky, as the pictures you see is exactly how the car was put in the garage in the late 1980s, and all the owner had done was to dust it off and put in a bit of petrol to move the car out of the garage. There surely cannot be many cars that exist in garages for over 25 years with nobody knowing about them. Good luck to the new owner whoever he is. I am sure he will post on here before too long.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
.....as the pictures you see is exactly how the car was put in the garage in the late 1980s, and all the owner had done was to dust it off and put in a bit of petrol to move the car out of the garage.
Just after the sunroof was put in then.:rolleyes: