Are S30 all the same

240_Z

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Guys

Are the S30 shells all the same.I mean are all the RHD ones the same , and are all the LHD ones the same , or was their 101 differences over the years.

I guess it changed with the introduction of the 260z. Were they strengthened over the years , or did they basically stay the same?

Mark

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Stupid question :p - I didn't know if mine was original when I bought it and it certainly hasn't been since and is not intended to be so.

status

Well-Known Forum User
why did you not know it was original when you bought it,or even fairly original,i knew mine wasnt original when i brough it over 25 years ago and im older than you

240_Z

Well-Known Forum User
No offence but how do you know ?;)

I know because I spoke to both the previous owners , when I bought it. I was told its full history at the time.It never had any body panels or body work at the time and I know exactly whats happened to it since.Was on original 175 14 tyres with hubcaps.Any changes from original have been since I have owned the car , they being wheels and tyres and mot required items.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
why did you not know it was original when you bought it,or even fairly original,i knew mine wasnt original when i brough it over 25 years ago and im older than you

Are you - I'm 50 next year !

I didn't care if it was original :lol:!

So Mark, if everything is pukka and I'm very happy for you - why the original question ?:)

240_Z

Well-Known Forum User
Are you - I'm 50 next year !

I didn't care if it was original :lol:!

So Mark, if everything is pukka and I'm very happy for you - why the original question ?:)

Just interested in everything 240z or 260z related.

I could have asked how many of the 71 cars came into the UK and how many still survive? Cant remember the last time I saw a K reg.Any on here? Or how many of the first batch of 260z came into the country and how many survive?

Boring questions to most I suppose.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
No, not boring questions.

'K' plates are less rare than you suppose thanks to later imports and age related plates.

240_Z

Well-Known Forum User
Something strange there - only 11 taxed and sorn for 1973 ??
That cant be right , or am I reading it wrong?