Approval of Ads in Wanted/For Sale section

Mr.G

Club Member
Just wondered what the reasoning is behind having paid up members ads approved by the committee before they are displayed.

I cannot understand why there should be any approval or lag time, since we are paid up members of this community. Our posts on the forum do not get approved before they are displayed so why do our ads have to be approved? Surely if we are paid up we have agreed to the terms and conditions of the site?

Just wondered as noticed this must be a manual process since there is always a lag time before any ad I place is on the site (approved).

This must also be an extra burden for the moderators on the site, so why not just have them displayed automatically and create a better user experience?

Thanks.

Dale

Club Member
It's so they can be placed in the correct place. ie the members section. It can only be done manually.

I try and get on several times a day to keep checking them, but thats not always possible for me.

Mr.G

Club Member
Thanks Dale and just to be clear I wasn't criticisng you or anyone else in timeliness of approvals, just wanted to question why they needed approval. Thanks for the answer.

Dale

Club Member
No probs.

And as the doors on the Heart of Gold would say; "glad to be of service" ;)

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
I don't really care ... besides not many forums offer a 90 advertisment time. Cheers for approving my lastest one lads.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
It's so they can be placed in the correct place. ie the members section. It can only be done manually.

I try and get on several times a day to keep checking them, but thats not always possible for me.

And when you can't I try and cover it for you

This is great :

Message - Z Club Classifieds

got approved for viewing after the sale ended no ?

Yes in answer to your question

Emm add entered on not sure how late in the night on the 4th Jan not sure when it was approved but the auction ended on the 5th Jan at 18.22
Sorry for any inconvenience caused for taking over 24 hrs to approve classified