Apex engineered

Matt Berry

Club Member
Has anyone ordered anything from or running any Apex Engineered? Curious to know about their products and how they compare to the likes of T3

Jay.

Club Member
The talk on the Facebook groups is that they're really great - and people are often comparing them to T3 and Arizona Z which is good company to be associated with

racer

Club Member
I have their adjustable rear arms on my 240. Very nice and a tad lighter than standard witch is what swung it for me over the slightly heavy weight T3 ones.

I also have T3 kit on my car, and I would say the quality is very similar.

Matt Berry

Club Member
I have their adjustable rear arms on my 240. Very nice and a tad lighter than standard witch is what swung it for me over the slightly heavy weight T3 ones.

I also have T3 kit on my car, and I would say the quality is very similar.

I was going down the T3 route for front and rear control arms, then came across the Apex versions. Would you stick with T3 given the choice or would you have the Apex rear and T3 front?

Wally

Club Member
Front crossmember does look good!

It does, plus is comes with RB25 mounts and should stiffen up the front end a little. Just a shame they don't do the moustache bars, front diff mount, and adaptor plates to mount S14 hubs. Would have been nice to stick with one manufacturer for all the suspension bits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

racer

Club Member
I was going down the T3 route for front and rear control arms, then came across the Apex versions. Would you stick with T3 given the choice or would you have the Apex rear and T3 front?

I'm happy with both to be honest.
I would say the T3 rear arms are a tad easier to adjust on the car, but I would still have the Apex ones. The T3 fronts I have are very good but perhaps a bit over engineered/Heavy.
I also have a Apex crossmember on its way.

I might be tempted by the Apex front set up if I were to choose again just for its lighter weight. That said I have the T3 brakes as well witch for the money I think are very good.
Gabriel at T3 is also very helpful and Apex are the new guys and not so well established.

The only downsides to all this American kit is that they still insist on using bloody imperial sizes, so be prepared to buy some new tools. (large ones).

WazzaJB

Club Member
They seem to of upset T3 a bit

Must surely be a genuine mistake though ?

View attachment 31516
T3 apologised on one of the Facebook posts. An Apex customer asked for Apex to ship some of his T3 order internationally along with this Apex parts, so he put the Apex address on his T3 order and they just assumed Apex were buying the T3 stuff to rip it off.

I feel like I could have explained that better though, sorry :(

atomman

Club Member
T3 apologised on one of the Facebook posts. An Apex customer asked for Apex to ship some of his T3 order internationally along with this Apex parts, so he put the Apex address on his T3 order and they just assumed Apex were buying the T3 stuff to rip it off.

I feel like I could have explained that better though, sorry :(

I did read it last night after I posted that, can understand why they were pissed but maybe they will sort out there shipping prices now

Matt Berry

Club Member
Just read through all of that mix up! Think Apex we’re trying to help someone out and T3 got the wrong end of the stick. I might give Apex a go then seeing as I haven’t heard anything bad as of yet

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
As above Apex have a good following and support through facebook. They seem to be suggesting that they are selling a superior product to the competition albeit I've seen nothing to suggest they're not all just much of a muchness. From my limited insight it comes down to who's product you like and who's pocket you wish to put money in....

I've bought several T3 parts and am very happy (Great CS as well) but would also happily shop elsewhere. Jakub in Europe also sells custom adjustable control arms which would save on shipping/cutoms from what its worth....

As above Apex have a good following and support through facebook. They seem to be suggesting that they are selling a superior product to the competition albeit I've seen nothing to suggest they're not all just much of a muchness. From my limited insight it comes down to who's product you like and who's pocket you wish to put money in....

I've bought several T3 parts and am very happy (Great CS as well) but would also happily shop elsewhere. Jakub in Europe also sells custom adjustable control arms which would save on shipping/cutoms from what its worth....

The european ones are also quite expensive for what they are(might end up more expensive overall). I don't really get the cost as adjustable stuff for a lotus/caterham or similar are much cheaper. I'd want a good deal of testing and use over a few years for anything you bolt to the car. you don't have to look far on this forum to see what could happen if something fails.

If you're going to do it,makes sense to use something thats got a bit of history behind it.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
The european ones are also quite expensive for what they are(might end up more expensive overall). I don't really get the cost as adjustable stuff for a lotus/caterham or similar are much cheaper. I'd want a good deal of testing and use over a few years for anything you bolt to the car. you don't have to look far on this forum to see what could happen if something fails.

If you're going to do it,makes sense to use something thats got a bit of history behind it.

I'll take your word for it, not consdiered that aspect, niche market so charge what they can get away with I guess...

Agreed, I'm happy that T3's components have seen years and thousands of mile abuse and stand the test fo time :)

Matt Berry

Club Member
I agree as well that there’s a good amount of history behind T3 which is valuable, but there was also time when T3 were at the same stage as Apex. T3 wouldn’t of got where they are now though if people didn’t give them a go and kinda become guinea pigs for their products

Garaculas

Club Member
This Apex kit has been out in the wilderness for a couple of years now, what's everyone's ongoing thoughts and recent experiences like? I'm interested in getting their front and rear subframe setups (minus the double wishbones and inboard rear dampers) but mindful that they're still a relatively new company and would welcome any updated feedback

Wally

Club Member
This Apex kit has been out in the wilderness for a couple of years now, what's everyone's ongoing thoughts and recent experiences like? I'm interested in getting their front and rear subframe setups (minus the double wishbones and inboard rear dampers) but mindful that they're still a relatively new company and would welcome any updated feedback
I’ve got both fitted to my shell at the moment. All well built and comprehensive kits but I’ve had a couple of issues. The LCA bushings are 9/16 but they provide 14mm bolts which gives way too much play for a critical suspension pick up point. Also on their LCA there may be interference with one of the adjusters but that may be because I've only loosely fitted it all for now. I'm also still awaiting rear axles from them.