Anyone ordering from MSA?

uk66fastback

Club Member
And having trouble doing it? I ordered some parts about 10 days ago - the usual kerfuffle. Then you get an acknowledgement by email while they work out your shipping price. Never received one. Nothing since. I have emailed them about three times, with screenshots of the order and their 'Thanks for the order' response.

Nothing.

I even rang them, went through the menu, and waited. And waited. Got the 'All our operators are busy, please leave a message' line. So I did.

Nothing.

I can go and deal with other suppliers but just wondered if anyone else was having the same difficulties.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
When I've bought from them in recent years, that 'shipping quote' email almost never arrives, so I email them and I do get a response. Last order was Koni shocks, which I think I ordered maybe October last year.

Robbie J

Club Member
As with a lot of US suppliers, it's often better to ring them up after you have the order in! Put on a toff's accent that goes down even better, one waved the shipping fees which was 1/4 the total cost once....

uk66fastback

Club Member
I did ring them, couldn't get through, was invited to leave a message, did so, quoting the order no. etc.
Nothing since.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I always ring them about 20:00 ish and get through. I never put the order in online as I don’t trust all the kerfuffle. I just read out the part numbers on the phone, they tell me if anything is out of stock and needs waiting for (If any), put me on hold, then tell me the shipping there and then!

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Yes, this has been my experience with MSA also.

I had a lot to order, so split it into 2 orders and agreed with them to wait until the 2nd order - full of out of stock back order parts, to be shipped to myself direct once it's all in stock.

Nope. Been sending it off in dribs and drabs, as it comes in, charging me more postage than if it were one lot of postage.

I'm just annoyed that their website shows a whole bunch of stuff you can hardly get anywhere, then when you order it, barely any of it is in stock for various reasons and you're in a catch 22. I don't understand why they can't keep the website up to date, they're quick on the pulse when they've got something new to sell!

Sorry, rant over.

richiep

Club Member
TBH, MSA are seriously behind the times in service and internet presence. Their ordering process is archaic. I have only ever had stuff from them via Mike Feeney, or on one occasion ordered via my brother-in-law in the US - and even that became a pain. I’ve got no inclination to ever order from them again as there are other sources for everything they have and others make the process easier.

uk66fastback

Club Member
I might try and find everything elsewhere instead - Rich is right, it's 2020 and their website is so poor compared to others ... it's obviously something they don't feel the need to invest in.

Blaqkaudio

Club Member
Dealt with MSA a few times now with vey little hassle.

Website is indeed clunky so my method is I find what I need, add to the basket like I normally would, screenshot the basket and fire over in an email asking firstly, is it all actually in stock? and secondly for a postage quote.
Once agreed they ping me a PayPal invoice job done.

Sometimes required a reminder nudge when discussing things via email but still super helpful. I've mostly had positive dealings with a chap who goes by James Ouk

Fastededdie

Club Member
As with a lot of US suppliers, it's often better to ring them up after you have the order in! Put on a toff's accent that goes down even better, one waved the shipping fees which was 1/4 the total cost once....

Hi All put and order in on the 13th this month to the US Ca and they (stainless steel sports exhaust manifold ) came today 5days. I know they must be lazy. And no customs charge; wink.

AD240Z

Club Member
I’ve ordered a few things earlier in the year - all good . Agree the website could go with a refresh .