Anyone make ISMA rear spoilers in the Uk ?

atomman

Club Member
Afternoon All

want to change the look of the 240 this year and I i quite fancy replacing the rear boot spoiler with a ISMA copy

this type

1975_Datsun_260Z_Bob_Sharp_IMSA_Race_Car_Rear_1.jpg

Any one know of a supplier ion the UK ?

Thanks

Gary

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
You can have mine for free - just bring an angle grinder and plenty of filler, ha,ha !
One mans treasure and all that, the spoiler nearly put me off buying what is a great car in all other respects and still considering taking it off with all the work and £s that will involve.

Seriously I think the IMSA spoiler looks good with the flared arches on the race car- balances out nicely. On the standard body just a bit too large.
Tried to put up a close up picture here but given up as not www file.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
'ISMA'?

IMSA = I.M.S.A = International Motor Sports Association.

The three-piece rear spoiler - as pictured above - was used on Zs that ran in the IMSA series in the USA, but its design origin and homologation was in Japan. It's a factory design, with part number 98100-E8276.

There was a manufacturer in the UK who was going to re-pop these - using an original as a base to make the moulds from. He seems to have dropped off the radar a bit....

tmr

Club Member
I had a few made of a simillar spoiler some years back if your intersted pm me and I'll dig out a photo of it on my car

atomman

Club Member
Thanks Alan, would of helped if I had spelt it correctly !

have you got any more of the 'HS30 sports option parts' brochure ?

would like to have a look though the old options

Gary

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
Your ISMA spoiler looks extremely well attached to your car Chris! I get what you mean about the angle grinder and filler haha :D