Anyone here I can pay to put my car back together?

s2k_adz

Club Member
Hey guys,

Its an odd request but bare with me.

Ive been restoring my Z for 7 years now. Its completely repainted and ready to go back together but I just don't have the time. I work away lots of the year and with also restoring a house the Z has just sat for nearly three years now.

Ive actually put it up for sale to gauge interest but short of that is there anyone on here who is really into Zs and has done a few before that would be interested in taking on the rebuild if I were to pay them?

Its a reassembly job, I guess refurbing little bits and bobs as you go along but all the body etc is all perfect and done.

https://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/my-260z-rebuild.17868/page-9#post-191650

There is the build thread so far to give you an idea of how the car is now!

If anyone would be interested please let me know!

Paul_S

Club Member
I can't help but this sounds a lot better solution than selling it after all the work that's already gone into it. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

toopy

Club Member
I can't help but this sounds a lot better solution than selling it after all the work that's already gone into it. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Agree with Paul, even if it sat there for another three years, selling it wouldn't be on the radar, no sir!

I would of thought, any competent vehicle restoration business would find this an easy job, as you say the time consuming and most expensive part is done already :)

strugrat

Club Member
I would offer my help but I don't have space, hence its a no go for me.

BTW for reference when I was totally fed up of my car whilst doing the interior I spoke to a very well respected race car/resto place about building the rest of the car for me and they were more than happy to oblige. However they couldn't really put a timescale on how long it would take, and the cost was £3000 per week!!!!

Naturally I declined and finished it myself!

atomman

Club Member
If your stuck give me a shout Adam , I may be able to help you out , I will have some room in my workshop next month

Geoff-R

Club Member
I've got a great idea, make some space in your garage, I'll put mine in there, give me the keys and I will build mine up along side yours, you'll soon find the time mate.

On a serious note I can try and see if there's someone local to us that will take on the job? I completely get the house restoration along side the car as I'm doing exactly the same and believe me if I touch the car before the house is done I won't have a happy wife. Okay I don't work away nearly anywhere near as much as you but being a 'modern' father means I don't have the free time I wish I did. My old man had it right, he was building an XK140 when I was the same age as my boy is now, just leaving my mum to crack on :rofl:

peter_s

Club Member
Yes, I agree. It's downhill from here. The hard and time consuming bits are done.

Turn & Burn

Club Member
I’m a while off finishing mine, but always looking for a project to keep me busy. PM me if u can wait a while.
Ps would u sell the rear cage? Were you going to weld it in on top of all the lovely fresh paint!