Anyone fitted electric PAS?

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
I don’t want a speed related system just one that I can twiddle a knob in the car to adjust it.

Anyone got a set up fitted?

what sort of cost and system?

status

Well-Known Forum User
Used a guy recently up in Bolton for the Lotus cortina was about £750 ,remember they have a box rather than a rack ,was quoted roughly the same for a Zed and it’s adjustable but to be fair once it’s set up you won’t need to touch it,had to take it back on Monday as burnt out the unit whilst working on it ,stuck a probe on it testing for earth/live and burnt it out hence return to Bolton charged us £80 to replace which was good after three and half hours fixing it

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
Used a guy recently up in Bolton for the Lotus cortina was about £750 ,remember they have a box rather than a rack ,was quoted roughly the same for a Zed and it’s adjustable but to be fair once it’s set up you won’t need to touch it,had to take it back on Monday as burnt out the unit whilst working on it ,stuck a probe on it testing for earth/live and burnt it out hence return to Bolton charged us £80 to replace which was good after three and half hours fixing it
Ok thx.
Shame Bolton is the opposite end of the world from me.
Do you know which system they used?

status

Well-Known Forum User
Bolton was 268 miles each way,I trailered the car up there in my mates porshe macan s it’s a matter of making the effort to get it there or pay someone you’ll be surprised how cheap it can be,was a long day though bloody knackered when I got back

ben240z

Club Member
Should be doing this in the next couple of months using an MGF unit. I have the luxury of not having anything around the column though so plenty of space but it is a good unit and there is a variable dial thing available on fleabag for the mgf or corsa units.
I have put it on Dee's MGF and it is great. light for driving around the paddock but can dial it right off for high speeds

Matt Berry

Club Member
I’ve got a corsa B electric power steering system on mine. Found a column with ECU on eBay for £40, bought an adjuster dial for about £20 and took about 1/2 day to assemble. Have to make a couple of brackets to hold it all in place. Works very well