Anybody running Watanatabes?

Ian

Club Member
I'm thinking about changing my wheels to Watanabes, either the F8 type or the R type. However I need to make sure they will fit before I order any.

I'll be using 16x8" if I go for them, perhaps 16x8.5 on the rear if I go for the F8 type.

Is anyone here running any 16" Watanabes that could measure the inner diameter for me, somewhere beetween the middle and the rear as thats where the widest part on my rear calliper is. I believe I will need 370mm to fit.

I have a feeling I found before that the R types are 360mm so its doubtful they would fit, but how to know without being able to try one on the car.

s2k_adz

Club Member
I'm thinking about changing my wheels to Watanabes, either the F8 type or the R type. However I need to make sure they will fit before I order any.

I'll be using 16x8" if I go for them, perhaps 16x8.5 on the rear if I go for the F8 type.

Is anyone here running any 16" Watanabes that could measure the inner diameter for me, somewhere beetween the middle and the rear as thats where the widest part on my rear calliper is. I believe I will need 370mm to fit.

I have a feeling I found before that the R types are 360mm so its doubtful they would fit, but how to know without being able to try one on the car.

Who are you looking to order with Ian? I found a few suppliers but none that cheap!

Most guys I see in the US run ET0 with 8J front and 9J rear

Ian

Club Member
Not decided yet, probably new era parts.

If I run R Type then it would be 16X8 ET0 all round due to limited offsets available, 9's won't fit my stock arches.

If I run F8 type then its going to be 16X8 +5 front and 16x8.5 +15 rear.

Thats if they fit at all of course. I know the fronts will clear the wilwoods as I've seen them on other cars, but my rear brakes calipers take up more room than the wilwoods do.