Any reasons why a 280z would be a good buy?

Fish1234

Active Forum User
I've kind of fallen in that trap where i feel i missed out originally on buying the 240/260z price wise when they were cheap. So I'm about 10 years late and they are pretty expensive now even the Americans realised that now. So I'm trawling the small ads for a 280s i found a cheapish 280 2+2 auto wondered if there's any love for them? And how could i possibly make it look more like a 260. I thought that gas monkey made a pretty good job of making their 280 2 +2 look a lot better. They made it look cooler almost like a 260.

Last edited:

status

Well-Known Forum User
Can make a 2+2 look as good or sometimes even better than a 2 seater,lowered decent set of wheels ect as for 280 z desirability that’s a no no over here even though it’s a better car than a 240 or 260 to drive,if anyone has had all three models then they will know wot I mean ,its the same as a 260 but with fuel injection and a few other bits so if it’s looks your after go for it but if you r gonner bring one over here you might as well get a 240/260 as bigger Euro market when you sell it,don’t get an auto they are a waste if time

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
There's a couple of guys on here with 280 2+2s. As status says, they can be made to look great.
body parts are pretty rare so you'd want to take account of that if you're buying.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome.

Firstly - do you specifically want a 2+2....'cos you were looking at a 240Z before ? 260Z and 280Zs are available in 2x seater and 2+2 formats

Secondly, will you be looking to convert to RHD or not ?

As Jonbills said - 2+2 body parts from the windscreen back are difficult to find and interior trim also.....cheap to buy maybe not be cheap when finished !

I've just imported a 280Z 2x seater with no body issues - happy to share info and I looked hard to know what costs what atm.

Lastly, what is your budget and where are you ?