Another one bites the dust

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
It looks like it might well be RIP for my 280ZX :eek:

It was just meant to be a straightforward gearbox change that is now looking like a major mechanical job, after bolts fused therefore an extra days work I sort of shut down, figures of £600 and I nearly cried.

Don't know what to do, the silly thing is I seem to have the only 280ZX that has a great body (just like it's owner :eek: ) but is mechanically crap - and there was me thinking it was the other way round!

I have the Z32 and will eventually get my 260Z (which is were I should be spending my money) and now this happens to what is meant to be a knock about run a round (no disrespect to 280s, that didn't come out how it sounds) I just can’t really justify spending that sort of money on it

So any advice (donations even!!!!)

Mr.G

Club Member
If the body is great suzy then i would persist with it..

If I was more mechanically minded I would have offered my services for free to remove the stuck bolts for you, maybe someone else will.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Sell me your body !

No seriously, for a project I want to do ! Will she run a last 500 miles to my place ? Photos of great body by email please including interior !

completewally

Well-Known Forum User
My advice would be to persist, there aint no such an animal as a bolt that wont come out ! You just have to find a way to get it out, mind you this sometimes involves flammable gasses !:eek: Are you doing the work yourself??? If not then ,yeah I can see your point with labour costs etc.If I can be any help just ask! "gearboxboltloosininwally":D

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Photos of my body !!!! What kind of girl do you take me for???

She wouldn't make the trip mate, it's an auto box that has to be reved up to 2/3K before a gear kicks in then she takes off on you, bit of a loose cannon really, Very scary at roundabout when you go for a gap, nothing happens then suddenly it's full throttle and no gap anymore!!!! So would not advice a 500mile trip.

No not doing the work myself and Chris is too busy working on his car - may have to think about evening classes at this rate - Adrian is doing the work, I need to speak to him again and get the low down, it is not so much bolts for the gearbox itself but the manifold, which has to come off to change the gearbox, but then I think this involve moving fuel injection systems etc etc etc etc
Like I said I need to speak to him again, mind just went blank at £600 - I could buy 3 pairs of shoes for that!!!!

(JOKE!)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
What kind of girl do you take me for ?
may have to think about evening classes at this rate

Question asked - question answered !

Going to look at two 280ZX 2+2s tomorrow but only one will fit on the trailer :) !

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Suzy,
If the voluntary donation'z along with labour don't come in (&
I dont see why not) then buy another (about 4 quid) & make one good
one out them both. Don't give up on it,get it done then sell it to Sean,or
swap it for one of his decent one'z (if he'ez got any ).
DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Yours has just been painted and is looking its' best ! You're just going through 240Z withdrawl symptoms !

status

Well-Known Forum User
looking for another 260,better car and more rare,and i allways look good even when i look bad

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
You don't look bad, you smell bad - too many curreys and not enough Head And Shoulders !

Want a clean left hooker for Spain - 6000 euros !

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Just scrap it. Put the money to a better use in one of your other cars.
£600 to resurrect an auto 280ZX?? Buying the shoes would make more sense.

The above are Opinions. Not facts
I dont need any comments about my post from the rest of the rabble. Thank You
Susy has asked for opinions. So they are mine.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
8 for a 240 - you bumped yours too !

What's a good 260 worth now - I heard 10000 !!!

Oh and Pete, if your getting touchy don't fling it - rather empty your pm box, answer your emails and add that I'm looking for one of those tailgate 'Datsun' badges that Nissan stuck on in a hurry at an angle :) !

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Oh and Pete, if your getting touchy don't fling it - rather empty your pm box, answer your emails and add that I'm looking for one of those tailgate 'Datsun' badges that Nissan stuck on in a hurry at an angle :) !
E mail answered
And no to the Emblem question.
Sorry bout that.

Mr.F

Inactive
I'm looking for one of those tailgate 'Datsun' badges that Nissan stuck on in a hurry at an angle :) !

Just because it got stuck on at an angle doesn't make it any different to the one stuck on straight on a UK spoiler...just ask!

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Bugger off you lot we are talking about my first ever Z which is looking like it is going to that great scrapheap in the sky - I'm going through a very emotional period here:unsure:
You are all picking over it's bone before it has been given it's death certificate!
:280Z: probably RIP:(

martin p

New Forum User
Hi

how bad is the car?? do you want to sell it complete as i am looking to buy another 280 after years without one:mad: are boxes hard to come by for sensible money?

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
suzy said:
Bugger off you lot we are talking about my first ever Z which is looking like it is going to that great scrapheap in the sky - I'm going through a very emotional period here:unsure:
You are all picking over it's bone before it has been given it's death certificate!
:280Z: probably RIP:(

the 9" cutter is awaiting :devil: :devil: :devil: