Another batch done.

johnymd

Club Member
I love picking stuf up from the plates and powder coaters. Especially the bits from lhd cars which come out better than they left the factory. I have the parts shot lasted first so I can check the condition before coating. I’ve also swapped powder coaters so they now zinc coat before the black. They are also right near my workshop so very convenient. I dropped the parts to them last night and picked up at lunchtime so they are quick too.

Attachments

• 834CB922-1C7B-42EE-827B-EE089F662586.jpeg
    834CB922-1C7B-42EE-827B-EE089F662586.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 85

Mark N

Club Member
I had a go of doing a few small pieces a couple of weeks ago.
I bought a cheap gun from China off eBay and some powder from Germany.
I'm pretty happy with the results but was very wary of throwing the pulley out of balance so only gave it the slightest of dusting. Hopefully it won't cost me a water pump!
I've done a few more parts, including the timing cover, but don't have photos of them.
The big bits, I leave to the experts!

Attachments

• qSci6wbeTpGC487JMEMQwA_thumb_18.jpg
    qSci6wbeTpGC487JMEMQwA_thumb_18.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 28
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_16.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_16.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 29

Mark N

Club Member
Very impressive results!

How much prep is required to get results like that?

It's fairly easy!
A quick media blast or a wire brush down to bare metal then a wash with acetone.
Fit silicone plugs into any holes with threads and mask off with special tape before the part goes into the oven for a pre-heat.
Give it a second wash in acetone then hit it with powder before it goes back into the oven for a period determined by the powder manufacturer.
Be aware that the oven should never be used for food again once it's bee used to cure powder. ;)