Annoying clunk

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
Hi all,, just developed what I think is a u-joint problem in the prop shaft , are they available from the normal manufacturers? ( spicer,et al ) Bad clunk shifting out of first on hardish acceleration. It's an auto n/a btw. :D Also thinking it could be the diff mount or one of the rear half shaft joints. Amazingly Ive never replaced any of the above parts on all 3 z31's ive owned and have no idea ! :eek: Noise is coming from the rear, ie no crud in the trans fluid , checked all that stuff ! Cheers all,,any help much appreciated :driving:

Mr.F

Inactive
No U-Joints on a Z31 and I've never known the CV joints on the shafts cause a problem.

Check bushes in the rear cross-member and the differential rear mount...

Northerner

Club Member
Does it clunk on acceleration or braking ? The S12 rear end is basially the same and this was the symptoms that I had. You could remove the plate holding the subframe mount on and have a look

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
No U-Joints on a Z31 and I've never known the CV joints on the shafts cause a problem.

Check bushes in the rear cross-member and the differential rear mount...

Of course :eek: What was I thinking with a solid mount dif :rolleyes: I'll check bushes first cheers guys !

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
Bushes on rear sub frame and diff completely shagged, :( How much Mr F ?? And even more hopefully are they still available :eek: After the planets most expensive brake job ive got my fingers crossed ! :lol:

Mr.F

Inactive
I have sub-frame poly bushes in stock - £39.95 + VAT. They are supplementary to the master kit.
I'll get a rear diff mount price in the morning...