An old Top Gear 300ZX video...

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Badge snobbery...

Great 300zx top gear footage,I love the Drop top TT said to be the only
twin turbo....So true about the badge comment at the end ,which confirms ,in this case how the nissan is underrated just due to its Japanese badge/manufacture.The reporter states how the 300zx would be worth 3x the value if it were made in Italy,U.K or elsewhere...Badge
snobbery. DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

Mr.G

Club Member
Interesting Clip, I was however expecting to see Mr.F with a cup of tea and a pie telling us about the Stage upgrades, disapointed he didnt.

Mr.G

Club Member
BTW - whose 240Z is that at the begining of the clip? SPD E37L . Is he a Zclub member?

Very nice colour, even if I do say so myself. I hope he is also a forum member.

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Or Tony 260z as he mentions Essex...:D You tube had some cracking
Z footage & when I contacted the owner of clip For possible use,I got no reply... DJZ 60.:)

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
I'm not sure to me the 240z looked very much like Len Welch's 240z & a
simular colour...I know Len had a couple of 240z's, with original wheel trims. DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Very nice George.

Yes...I see what you mean, First time I have seen your Motor Very Nice Mr.G. Len did have two...this one & another but it could be anybody's.

The 300zx seem's to be a lot of car....for the money....are the drop top
convertibles available as imports...? DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

Tony 260Z

Club Member
HAve to say that a few niggles aside, I'm really enjoying my N/A. It won't replace my baby of course, but it's a lot of fun.

I've given up on watching the speedo though. Nowadays I judge how fast I'm going by how quickly the fuel gauge is going down!

Mr.F

Inactive
Shot at North Weald Airfield just up the road from me, long, long ago. Some nostalgic old faces who rarely see the light of day now. Andy with the "600 bhp" white car regularly ran at the North Weald drag days and at the Pod, but never laid down a time which would match the claimed BHP. I see Phil Smith in there who is still around, but not as prominent as he used to be. And of course, Peter Rosenberg , late of Silvia Engineering / S.E. / Nistek - huge knowledge of Z32s.

Mr.G

Club Member
Thanks Mike for the insight, when do you think this was shot then? 1998/1999? And how about the mystery 240Z, anybody from this site?

Russ

Club Member
Great video :D

Peter Rosenbergs bit on the stages of tune and pricing though was enough to put anyone off surely!? 20bhp for £1500... £2 for some migtips would do the same? :)

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
You were looking at £15-20k for a UK car back then!....they were more desireable, as they hadn't all rusted away at that stage!:D

Mr.G

Club Member
Mr.G said:
Thanks Mike for the insight, when do you think this was shot then? 1998/1999? And how about the mystery 240Z, anybody from this site?

And I was only joking about the pie.

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Mr.F

I've seen a couple of pictures Of Mr.F in the seventies,& a handsome & lean Mr.F , at that ... He's not too bad now either.... DJZ 60.:)

Mr Ex

Inactive
I'm sure that when the 240 top gear prog was filmed that Len did actually own 'that green car'.