An extra section?

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Some time ago I started a thread on the 240Z/260Z specific forum about cars that other members had spotted out and about. As it was there it kind of died a death. I was out for a drive last weekend, before breaking down, and I saw a couple of nice 300ZX's and an older 280ZX and it would be good if there was a section for cars that had been spotted out and about by members purely because none of them are all that common any more.

What do you think?

Matt

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
I only mention because think it'd be quite interesting to see if any other member had spotted us when we're out you know. I promise I won't cry if it doesn't get it's own section:lol: but where can people say if they've seen one of the others?

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah that's why I would like to see one, but the thread that I started dissappeared because unless there's a new sighting it gets burried under newer posts. I saw these nice cars last weekend but there's nowhere for me to say to see if they're members or whatever.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Yeah that's why I would like to see one, but the thread that I started dissappeared because unless there's a new sighting it gets burried under newer posts. I saw these nice cars last weekend but there's nowhere for me to say to see if they're members or whatever.

its been made sticky

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I agree; and now we have the technical section it has made the model specific section pretty much redundant.

there are actually more recent posts in each of the model specific sections than there are in the technical section so doesn't seem that redundant to me

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
there are actually more recent posts in each of the model specific sections than there are in the technical section so doesn't seem that redundant to me

Ok, so it's watering it down. People may still be using both sections, but either post could go in either section - yes ?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Ok, so it's watering it down. People may still be using both sections, but either post could go in either section - yes ?

Not really as when the tech section was setup it was requested that only tech stuff went into that area to attempt to keep it all in one place and any other model specific chat/posts comments went into the original area

If users do not want to have every subsection displayed they can click on the little white squarish thing in the orange band at the top of each section and it will hide the subsection of that particular section (if that makes sense)

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Anything which is non-technical car related can go here -

General discussion
General discussion related to Zs.

Which would be fine if the model specific wasnt already there from the first place because if we dropped it someone would have to trawl though each section and pull a hell of a lot of the existing posts into the tech area also search for quite a few project threads move them over somewhere so they do not get lost and transfer all the rest over to general chat

To me one of the biggest problems we have is we unlike the other Z related clubs in this country cater for the whole range of the series whereas the others only cater for a single model and a lot of the newer model owners do not want to read about the earlier models and a lot of the earlier model owners do not want to read about the later models and prefer having their own section to view rather than look at stuff they are not interested in

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
Then the tech section should have been sub-sections of model specific. It would be more logical and place new posts where they should be - instead they are just splattered everywhere.

There are currently 42 main forum sections :eek:

Dale

Club Member
I wonder how many people actual look at the forum section section? I don't, and the only time I go in there is to start a new thread. Otherwise I just look at the top ten on the home page, the new posts or just use the search facility. Maybe that's because I'm on here too often?! :eek:

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
I mentioned it here because it's good having a sticky thread in the 240Z/260Z forum but not many 280ZX or 300ZX owners in the club will read or even see it.