Am I the only person who didn’t know this???

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
2a4d322c8435f2c955a7126486d7726d.jpg

I did always wonder why it was made to be so uncomfortable!

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yeah this seems like a good way to get your handle splintered into pieces.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Because a round handle would slip in your sweaty mits as you curse away on a stubborn factory-fitted bolt !

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
After many years on this site I started saying bonnet in the shop....guys are just looking at me like "what????"
LOL
LOL, that reminds me of when we was living in OZ, I sent my wife to get a back box for a Nissan Pulsar and they did not have a clue what she was on about, until they figured out that it's the rear muffler.

Huw

Club Member
2a4d322c8435f2c955a7126486d7726d.jpg

I did always wonder why it was made to be so uncomfortable!

My machine shop apprentice master would have kicked you out the workshop if he caught you doing that. Spanner’s are only to be used on screwdrivers with Hex shaft, is what he would bellow, “not the bloody ‘andle”. He wasn’t subtle and didn’t like apprentices much, but he knew his stuff.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
My machine shop apprentice master would have kicked you out the workshop if he caught you doing that. Spanner’s are only to be used on screwdrivers with Hex shaft, is what he would bellow, “not the bloody ‘andle”. He wasn’t subtle and didn’t like apprentices much, but he knew his stuff.

I would imagine it could damage the handle and cause cuts. Also it could crack the handle around the shaft.