Aircon with original controls?

I'm at the point where I need to decide if I do or don't regarding Aircon.

I'd like to keep the original heater controls.

From what I've read there's 2 ways:

1) Original heater core+heater box then other bits to make it work.

2) replace the original core/box

what's the 'best' way? Anyone done either way?

Mark N

Club Member
I also used the T7 Design unit fitted behind the glovebox on my UK 260Z to supply hot or chilled air to the original distribution system.
I utilized one of their water valves hooked up to the OEM temperature slide with one of their Bowden cables.
The T7 fan is controlled by the OEM knob but only draws air from inside the cabin.

Fairlineguy

Club Member
Thank you. so you use this for cold air only? keeping the original heater core etc?
Yes
I’d keep the heater box for heat that way your evaporator in the unit will be bigger.
You need to blank off one of the outlets on the unit and in large the other one .
The unit will blow air or cold air into the heater box and be distributed with you original controls

Yes
I’d keep the heater box for heat that way your evaporator in the unit will be bigger.
You need to blank off one of the outlets on the unit and in large the other one .
The unit will blow air or cold air into the heater box and be distributed with you original controls

Thanks again. have you any pics of what your installs? What compressor do you go for? Apologies for directing all the questions at you!

Fairlineguy

Club Member
Thanks again. have you any pics of what your installs? What compressor do you go for? Apologies for directing all the questions at you!

Only have a couple of photos but you can see the unit fits behind the glove
Compressor is a staden replacement for the old York type
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183345834600

Attachments

• 1F998805-A18A-49EC-9C94-02B75C791D31.jpeg
    1F998805-A18A-49EC-9C94-02B75C791D31.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 094F7296-61E2-4734-A7B9-1BFF9D687C99.jpeg
    094F7296-61E2-4734-A7B9-1BFF9D687C99.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 41
Ok - a little teasing , noted however - no derailing. For the record, please don't pre-judge PAS before having tried it on the road and circuit;)- like 95% of other cars on the road

I can't wait to try PAS.

For those with AC, have you linked the clutch engagement to 'full cool' or just have an AC on/off switch?

Fairlineguy

Club Member
I can't wait to try PAS.

For those with AC, have you linked the clutch engagement to 'full cool' or just have an AC on/off switch?

I’ve used a on/off switch for the a/c compressor but wired it through the trinary switch so if for any reason the system
De gasses the compressor will not run
Also wired in the electric fan to come on with a/c