Air Dam Purchasing Advice

Evanso

Club Member
Hi

I would be interested depending on the price.

As I am not sure on getting one that is fibreglass as heard they need repairing a lot?

What's been your experience with fibreglass?

Thanks

Evanso

Club Member
Currently have stock springs at stock hight. But going to add some coilovers in the future and will probably lower the car.

Would be up getting fiberglass but depends on price.

Or is there any other American stores that do one cheeper? Or is best option just to look for used ones in the UK?

richiep

Club Member
Fibreglass ones are fine - I suspect most people with airdams on their cars have fibreglass tbh, even with lowered cars.

If you heard that point about fibreglass ones needing repair a lot via a US forum/source - they need to learn to drive better and avoid objects!

If not having Johny's airdam mentioned above, have a look at FRP Automotive on Facebook - they are UK-based and make airdams among many other Z parts. That would probably be the most economical route, given no air freight, duty, etc. to deal with.

Farmer42

Club Member
Fibreglass ones are fine - I suspect most people with airdams on their cars have fibreglass tbh, even with lowered cars.

If you heard that point about fibreglass ones needing repair a lot via a US forum/source - they need to learn to drive better and avoid objects!

If not having Johny's airdam mentioned above, have a look at FRP Automotive on Facebook - they are UK-based and make airdams among many other Z parts. That would probably be the most economical route, given no air freight, duty, etc. to deal with.

So, also looking for a front airdam. Saw one on ebay in the UK (Slough) for £280 plus postage and thought that was a bit expensive. Then found this post and FRP seems to be reasonably priced. However, I have read previous comments about FRP on supply issues and lack of contactability so has anyone used them recently? Any problems that I should be aware of before i 'get with it' and open a FB account to look at the stuff that they do. FB is a last resort for me so it needs to be worth it.

Alternatively if anyone has one that they want to sell, please PM me. I need the one like the Devil spoiler that FRP do with the cut outs for the corner repeater lights.