Actually drove Zcar 70 miles today!

Robbie J

Club Member
So before we take it apart I'm running the car around for a few months and testing the electrics and hopefully attending a few things so I can talk to a few people in person instead of being a keyboard warrior
20190605_160804[1].jpg

My son checking it out

Anyway, all the gauges work except the clock! It's hard driving on the left as you think you scaping hedges all the time. The wipers lift of the screen at speed. I had it tracked after a new rod ends but you still need to be sharp on the steering force required coming up slow to roundabouts. The seats are bouncy and no side support. Everybody comments on it and really it's ugly black and blue ATM

uk66fastback

Club Member
It looks great! Your son's scooter does a passable impression of a trolley jack as well ...

Run around in it while the weather's good and see what you want to do further down the line ...

toopy

Club Member
All these cars have heavy steering at parking, slow corners speeds, i used to think my rod ends/ball joints or the upper strut bearings were knackered, but whenever the front was up in the air, the steering was free and light. I recently had new tires fitted and although i went a little wider, the steering actually got lighter!
So if you have old tires with tired side walls, that certainly won't be helping ;)

Robbie J

Club Member
The steering lightened up after it had new rods and ball joints. I must admit watching the wipers move around in the wind was funny. I purchased the cheapest blades as the 260 RHD arms are different they only need to last 2 months. I think the blades have snow protection cover on them hence catching the wind, they were all of $6 a pair!

Farmer42

Club Member
My wipers did the same in wind or at speed. Did it during a torrential downpour on the motorway back from Donington at the beginning of May. Couldnt see a thing! Turned out the spring on the wiper arm was stretched and had become weak and the Bush that pivots the arm at the bottom had worn out. Managed to get hold of similar wiper arms and swapped them over by drilling out the rivets. Tons better now.

Robbie J

Club Member
My wipers did the same in wind or at speed. Did it during a torrential downpour on the motorway back from Donington at the beginning of May. Couldnt see a thing! Turned out the spring on the wiper arm was stretched and had become weak and the Bush that pivots the arm at the bottom had worn out. Managed to get hold of similar wiper arms and swapped them over by drilling out the rivets. Tons better now.
not sure my car has needed them so much in California, a good tip to have a look at them, thx