A question of wiring

36york

New Forum User
Can anybody help PLEASE!. I am new to 280ZX ownership and have a wiring question. Juat below where the fuel filter is situated I have a number of wires coming out of the main loom. Blue with Red stripe, Blue with Green stripe, Yellow, and a
Black all the above with female spade connections and a Black with male bullet connector. In addition further along the loom there is a White with blue stripe,(female spade) and a black (male spade). I have tried to trace these on a wiring chart but my eyes are getting on a bit and I cannot trace them. So PLEASE if anybody can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Regards: Alan

candy red

Club Member
What year is your car and what have you already got connected on that side of the engine i.e. starter motor, oil pressure switch, alternator some of these wire are not always used on some models

Derrick

36york

New Forum User
Hi Derrick, it is a 1983 model, all the ietms you mentioned are duly connected, I appreciate there are always spares but there seemed to be rather alot. My car has not got ALL the bells and whistles yo can get so I suppose these connections are for those. Thank you for your input anyway.
Alan

candy red

Club Member
Hi Alan if every thing on you car is connected on that side of the engine and all working fine i would ignore those spare wires as they won't be relevant to your car,I had some spare wires on my car that weren't used i rust tucked them into the new outer casing hope this was helpful :thumbs:

Derrick

plyidz280

Club Member
The white with a blue trace and the black wire should be for the radiator expansion bottle level sensor.
The other wires are air con related. I had the same extra wires Alan so i checked what they fed before hiding them.