A little Quiz

candy red

Club Member
Anybody know what these wheels are and what they might be worth ?

I know it would be whatever someone is prepared to pay but just want an idea incase i don't use them :unsure:

Derrick :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:

datsfun

Club Member
Depends on size and offset. Anything 7" and under with +ve offset isn't as desirable as the wider units and with zero or -ve offset. Then factor in whether 14" or 15" as many folk will not consider 14" and vice versa.

EDIT--when I say desirable, I meant command a premium!!

candy red

Club Member
Ok this is whats on the back of them Apache II JJ14 Enkel Japan

4'' deep dish on the front and 10" from outside rim to outside rim :eek:

datsfun

Club Member
Ok, so they are Enkei's and probably 9J wide and 14" diameter. Perhaps if you measure the back space we can deduce the offset? Also are they split rims or is face welded as it's quite common to see split rims welded to effectively them single piece.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Ok this is whats on the back of them Apache II JJ14 Enkel Japan

Enkei took over some of the Speed Star designs for a while when SSR went into liquidation, giving them their own names. Then SSR was revived, and started producing some of their old designs along with new stuff. So we see 'revivals' of originals and 'revivals' of revivals in parallel. Same designs, different manufacturers and different design names. It gets complicated...

When it comes down to it, the myriad Japanese wheel brands and designs of the 1970s/80s period were actually cast/forged and machined in just three or four key factories.