A discussion about moderation

First off, this is just a discussion, please can we leave it where people can see and discuss?

There seems to be a lot of 'over moderation', threads edited, threads locked, some deleted.

It seems to be a quite a bit heavy handed, its not overly useful in keeping things alive. It also makes some threads difficult to follow. Is there any real need for the level we're seeing currently? Is there a middle ground that could be hit?

A regular member talking about items he's bought on here, with issues, now only Kev knows who he's bought them from. Again, seems like a very heavy handed response.

give it a break if you are not happy with way the club is run you could always offer to help run it but hey doubt if that will happen
Its a bloody nightmare job to do as some think it is so easy but never step up to the plate to help

Hi Steve, i'm not talking about the club, just the forum.

I'm more than happy to help out as a moderator. I just do not have time for any 'club' stuff.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes there is a need for the current level of moderation. Everyone should be able to use the forum without contravening the code of conduct. Moderation decisions are not up for discussion on the open forum and should be raised through the process mentioned in the code.

We won't be discussing any previously moderated content in this thread for obvious reasons.

remember you would be spending so much time moderating the spelling of Samuri

I'm happy to spell it the correct way so I don't get those annoying little red lines under my words :)

Back on a serious point, i'm not sure how any of this weekends/weeks threads have broken the 'code of conduct'?

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Back on a serious point, i'm not sure how any of this weekends/weeks threads have broken the 'code of conduct'?

There were repeated instances of off-topic posts (rule 1), inflammatory responses, picking fights and harassment (rule 2).

There were repeated instances of off-topic posts (rule 1), inflammatory responses, picking fights and harassment (rule 2).

I don't think Albrect really minded being called 'Gary'?

If someone made a purchase on the forum that wasn't as expected, do all of the forum members not have the right to some of the details? It helped me when I had a 'hooky' car through the zfarm/galliers.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
We all want new members and potential members to feel welcome don't we? the kind of threads that get moderated here are the ones that put new users off.

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Don't have a problem with the moderation personally. Think I've only had one post moderated in the entire time I've been on the forum and I asked for it to be done.

Keep up the good work guys thankless task.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
If someone made a purchase on the forum that wasn't as expected, do all of the forum members not have the right to some of the details? It helped me when I had a 'hooky' car through the zfarm/galliers.

Only if the issue is valid and the details are presented in a polite and constructive manner.

I deleted it. It was inflammatory. Pete's welcome to make his point differently.

Why remove Steves? It didn't seem very inflammatory.

Steve thinks this forum isn't heavily moderated.

Pete thinks it is.

This thread about over moderation, no insults being traded, people expressing views, its been moderated, which as someone who likes Irony, I find slightly amusing.

Don't have a problem with the moderation personally. Think I've only had one post moderated in the entire time I've been on the forum and I asked for it to be done.

Keep up the good work guys thankless task.

MaximG - you're right it is a thankless task, the only ones I think I've had moderated were because of spelling(IIRC), there's a lot of it going on at the minute though, compared to a year ago.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Which just goes to prove the need for the current level of moderation. The rules are there for everyone to see.