A detailed model guide?

I can't see, I guess it might just be under my nose but is there a detailed model guide on the website anywhere?

I was thinking listing production numbers/models/differences/type variation ie UK-US-Euro-JDM

A full rundown put together by the few that know? It should help new people like myself and others know what they're looking at and for, I don't just mean rust area's either. A rough guide to replacement parts, what's available-whats not.

A decent price guide too...

USA market cars, LHD, just imported, UK registered
UK cars
Cars that have a UK bulkhead but American shells
Quality race/rally/rare replicas

Those with the really rare examples here in the UK could offer some decent pics/info/advice.

Lots of bits I've missed but that sort of thing, does it sound unreasonable?:unsure:

Mr.G

Club Member
I wouldn't say detailed but under the members only tab you have "Articles" which has model guides. It started off well and fizzled out

I think what you suggest is a good idea and needs someone with enthusiasm to add to the section.

rallymanDP

Well-Known Forum User
Jason

I don't think that the first lot of information you are asking for is available anywhere - not in any concise form anyway, although others on this site ( and in some of the published Books on the Marque ) have made worthy contributions in part - statistics which then in turn have been contested by others.
So, a real Can of Worms whenever the topic comes up...

The second part about the Retail Prices is also pretty contentious. Again, whenever anyone sticks up any sort of Price Guide, there are more arguments than evidence and the end of the day, no-one seems to have any credibility and there are more exceptions than rules.

What is for sure is that the Classic Magazine Price Guides are absolutely hopeless in this respect !

Jason

I don't think that the first lot of information you are asking for is available anywhere - not in any concise form anyway, although others on this site ( and in some of the published Books on the Marque ) have made worthy contributions in part - statistics which then in turn have been contested by others.
So, a real Can of Worms whenever the topic comes up...

The second part about the Retail Prices is also pretty contentious. Again, whenever anyone sticks up any sort of Price Guide, there are more arguments than evidence and the end of the day, no-one seems to have any credibility and there are more exceptions than rules.

What is for sure is that the Classic Magazine Price Guides are absolutely hopeless in this respect !

I see how it would be hard with prices, maybe a just tracking the sale prices of cars on a year by year basis? It'd be a good way to track if prices are on the way up or down. Same again for very accurate chassis numbers, detailed model info should be do-able, in a concise fashion that's fairly easy to digest?

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
I can't see, I guess it might just be under my nose but is there a detailed model guide on the website anywhere?

I was thinking listing production numbers/models/differences/type variation ie UK-US-Euro-JDM

A full rundown put together by the few that know? It should help new people like myself and others know what they're looking at and for, I don't just mean rust area's either. A rough guide to replacement parts, what's available-whats not.

A decent price guide too...

USA market cars, LHD, just imported, UK registered
UK cars
Cars that have a UK bulkhead but American shells
Quality race/rally/rare replicas

Those with the really rare examples here in the UK could offer some decent pics/info/advice.

Lots of bits I've missed but that sort of thing, does it sound unreasonable?:unsure:

When you read it through it does sound reasonable.:D
However the reality is its completely unfeasable and will never happpen for a whole list of reasons that I neither have the time or the inclination to list.
You clearly have way too much free time this week Jason. So go and get that 240Z finished. help the missus with the new family member or get over here and bolt some suspension on my rally car project shell.:lol:

It started off well and fizzled out
Mr G.

:D:D:D

If I could bounce the new addition while working on the car I would, they tend to make a noise when you drop spanners on them!

This is the place where the sort of data/info needed should be listed though. Maybe bring back a bit of a positive vibe to the forum :)