8, 9, 10.5 alloys

rich

Well-Known Forum User
Ok just cannot decide what combo of wheel to go with, cannot decide if it should be 8 on front and 9 on rear or 9 on front and 10.5 on rears.
Can any of you guys shed some pro's and con's on these choices.
thanks

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Ok just cannot decide what combo of wheel to go with, cannot decide if it should be 8 on front and 9 on rear or 9 on front and 10.5 on rears.
Can any of you guys shed some pro's and con's on these choices.
thanks
What are you trying to achieve?

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
10x15 all round but it'll depend on offsets

As stated, very heavy and dead. 15" tyre choice is moyder in this width and the track tyres add to the horrid feel

rich

Well-Known Forum User
Looks are going to be the most important for me but driving feel too but as its going to be a weekend toy not as much, im going to upgrade to coilover and suspension goodies and yes ZG arch's but seen some wheels with 9inch fronts with -13 and 10.5 rears with -32.
The others I have seen were 8 fronts with -0 and rear 9 with -13 and Im going to install powersteering as im just used to driving with it.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The power steering offered today IS speed progressive and simply returns the feeling back to what it was before lowering the car and fitting large wheels and tyres.

And as rich says - we're all used to driving with it now ! Would you go back to measuring points, solid discs and non-LSD ?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I always found it so....but if some like that 'feel' and fight with the wheel in old-school macho style - it's free world.

stiffi240z

Forum User
Hey all,
I'll be interested to see what comes up on here too. Still in the process of building my 240 and have never actually driven it so keen to see what others think.

Franky - how are you getting on with yours? It was good to meet you in the summer RE willwood brakes.

Tom

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Is there actually a power/usage scenario that benefits from 10" wide wheels?

Hey all,
I'll be interested to see what comes up on here too. Still in the process of building my 240 and have never actually driven it so keen to see what others think.

Franky - how are you getting on with yours? It was good to meet you in the summer RE willwood brakes.

Tom

Hi Tom

Good to hear from you.

Its not moved on at the minute, however I've just about finished a single room in the house which should buy me some time :) Need to get the engine bay redone then I can start putting it back in one piece.

Yourself?

stiffi240z

Forum User
Excellent!
It's still at the paint shop at the moment, the prep is 90% done but even so.... 18 months is glacial.

Did you ever change your wheels?