78 260z 2+2 clutch query

slaphead

Club Member
Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone knows what the nissan part number is or alternative oem clutch kit part number is for a 9 hole 240mm clutch and what other vehicles this clutch was fitted to please as I need another replacement toot sweet.

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

Mark

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I think the 280zx one will fit as that is 240mm aswell

slaphead

Club Member
I think the 280zx one will fit as that is 240mm aswell

Thanks Moggy - I kind of guessed it might be a later type -

The trouble I've got is that I have already replaced the drive plate once and it have failed again in pretty short order (failure to clamp load on a std tune Z) - I saw on here there was some discussion regarding clutch slip and the length of the small collar (not thrust bearing) causing this - tbh I suspect I may have the wrong one fitted for the 9 hole 240mm setup.

I have just aquired a kit that fits the description, but does not include the collar so if anyone could get me a definative measurement of the collar that matches the above setup and won't result in the clutch not clamping properly, I would be eternally grateful.

An alternative is always to check for free play and shorten the slave cylinder actuator rod, but that rather strikes me as a bit of a fudge and could lead to issues for any new owner. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Mark

candy red

Club Member
Give Mike a ring at MJP he will tell you all you need to know and will possibly also get you the right part,his number is at top of page. ;)
Derrick

Mr.F

Inactive
There are issues obtaining OEM parts for late 260Z / early 280ZX clutch. Nissan have dropped the drive plate even though it fits loads of other vehicles in the range, including Cabstar vans!
I can get Exedy kits - good quality, not too expensive, take about one week.
Call 01277 374201.