77 LHD 280z

Stuarts

New Forum User
Hi all,
I've been dipping in and out of looking for a Z car for years now.
My partner and I are selling one of our other cars to get a classic car for classic road rallying. The perfect opportunity to scratch my Z itch!
I'm lined up to view this car in a few days ( https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1549523 ) , does anyone know of it? Looks very solid, It's been converted to 5sp but running a standard motor still on injection - what's the system like for reliability? Most seem to be converted to carbs (Webers).
It's also pretty stock underneath - should be ok for light use, but will look to get coil-overs.
Will also look to get a sump guard and rear cage - best places for those?

Cheers all

johnymd

Club Member
That car looks good in the pictures.

I'm not sure if anyone makes a cage for the late 280z but a 240z one should fit with maybe a little modifying.

Robotsan

Club Member
Does look really tidy all over and good value if it's not hiding anything nasty.

Re: injection - from what I gather it just depends on the condition of the many parts, as there's lots more failure points than with carbs, like corroded connectors and numerous vacuum lines. But if everything's in good nic/new then they're very reliable.

Ian

Club Member
It was bare metal resprayed very recently. Ask for photos of this at the bare metal stage, I'm sure they have some and likely wouldn't refuse unless there was something to hide.

From my experience a car is not restored properly unless there are photos of the work at different stages to prove it was done right.

It does look good though, so its likely pretty solid and would probably be a great buy.