6 Ltr 240Z

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
OK I'll stoke the fire - at that price the steering wheel is on the wrong side!! ;)

Ali K

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
A previous owner ( Mark .....) has been a member on here - and notice the air freshener hanging from the mirror (my pet hate).

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I think the steering wheel is on the correct side for a car with an American Big Block.

Mr.F

Inactive
Used to attend SEKZ meetings a couple of years ago but then disappeared...I also knew the previous owner who spent plenty of money building it. The AMC V8 is no-one's choice of performance engine.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
.............. The AMC V8 is no-one's choice of performance engine.
So which AMC is it Mike? I had a look on wikipedea- it's not the '401' then:

Their combination of rarity, toughness, and excellent power output means that 401 engines are highly sought after.

Mr.F

Inactive
Their combination of rarity, toughness, and excellent power output means that 401 engines are highly sought after.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chevy, Ford, Chrysler (if you must - only the Hemi really) - end of...

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
I'd be more worried about the modified seats and harnesses, spinal compression waiting to happen!

johnymd

Club Member
I remember this from the Zclub meets a few years back. Looked like a pretty solid car from what I remember. Wasn't overly impressed with the engine install at the time. I'm guessing the engine bay hasn't improved as they haven't included any pics. I'd be asking lots of questions if I was interested, as the add says very little about the spec or rebuild. Could be worth the money but it would need to be hi spec (brakes, suspension, drivetrain) and have a well documented restoration.

johnymd

Club Member
It did and still does look like a nice car. Not my choice of running gear as im into jap straight sixes for a zed. I dont think v8 zeds are popular/desirable like they once were but if thats what you like, then this could be the car for you.

None of us really know what our cars are worth now and you can only look at the high price cars for sale that havnt sold to say they are worth less than the asking price. By how much? who knows?

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
None of us really know what our cars are worth now and you can only look at the high price cars for sale that havnt sold to say they are worth less than the asking price. By how much? who knows?

I'm really struggling with this at the moment trying to figure what price to put on my agreed valuation form.

As for 6.0l V8 - will it corner!? ;)

richiep

Club Member
The position to approach an agreed valuation from is not "what would the car be worth when selling/buying?" but "what would it cost to replace like for like". The latter may be significantly more than the former, given rising costs of parts and restoration (it may cost several times more to paint a car than it did 10-15 years ago for example). People often spend more on their car than it will be worth if selling - but you don't want to be eating that in a total loss situation.

I'm sure if I put my car up for sale, it would (at this point in time) fetch less than my agreed value; but to replicate it like for like should something unfortunate happen would cost more than such a sales price. One needs to be covered for that shortfall.

richiep

Club Member
On the V8 - the big block conversions lose me with the enlarged bonnet humps. Plus, it's so very 1980s American!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
The position to approach an agreed valuation from is not "what would the car be worth when selling/buying?" but "what would it cost to replace like for like". The latter may be significantly more than the former, given rising costs of parts and restoration (it may cost several times more to paint a car than it did 10-15 years ago for example). People often spend more on their car than it will be worth if selling - but you don't want to be eating that in a total loss situation.

I'm sure if I put my car up for sale, it would (at this point in time) fetch less than my agreed value; but to replicate it like for like should something unfortunate happen would cost more than such a sales price. One needs to be covered for that shortfall.

Yes agreed, replacement is the issue. Of my two cars the 'original' one would be the hardest to replace but the blue car is the one most people would value more. The insurance company would have to buy me this and compensate me for it being LHD. ;)

http://www.jdclassics.co.uk/showrooms/Datsun-240Z-LHD/10779.htm