5 more Z cars and a RL411 wagon found....Pics

SacCyclone

Club Member
So i thought I would make a POST of a handful of Z cars that I looked at today up in the foothills, all have been sitting in the Cali sun bake oven.

I bought one Z car in 2015 and the owner called me again about the remainder of the cars that he needs to move. I made a couple of offers on the cars and he wants to think it over. The cars are located way out of the city up in the hills and are not listed for sale.

I left today with 5 early 240Z "D" hubcaps, a couple of 280Z front grills, a fiberglass and a metal headlight bucket, an early 240Z fuel door, and 2 sets of 240 tail light panels.

The cars are as follows:
Blue 240Z 1971 with grey wing
Yellow 280Z 1977 wide body with Gnose
Brown 240Z 1972
Blue 240Z 1971
Yellow 240Z 1970
Blue Datsun wagon RL411
Also 2 datsun 1600 roadsters.

I took a few hundred pics too....

Enjoy

MVYfqA4.jpg

YpTW47A.jpg

h4l64mb.jpg

nGMM8ez.jpg

j3TIK6F.jpg

cgtoLas.jpg

mdYCVyp.jpg

tZeZqqY.jpg

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Oh man - if only you could find them over here like that!

If I had to pick one I think I'd go for the blue '71

SacCyclone

Club Member
Oh man - if only you could find them over here like that!

If I had to pick one I think I'd go for the blue '71
Keen eye Mr Tenno, I think the blue 71 Z is the best of the bunch condition wise.
It's a 9/71 build with blue interior and is a "change over" car with early Z seats, console, dash etc.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Rarest - and I reckon the most interesting - car there is for sure the 411 wagon. Looks very complete and is wearing Super Sports Sedan emblems front (and rear?). Albrecht likes.

There's some styling synchronicity in there too. S30-series Z Chief Designer Yoshihiko Matsuo contributed somewhat to the rear-end restyling of the 410/411-series Bluebird earlier in his career, which helped him to climb rank in Nissan's styling department.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Rarest - and I reckon the most interesting - car there is for sure the 411 wagon. Looks very complete and is wearing Super Sports Sedan emblems front (and rear?). Albrecht likes.

There's some styling synchronicity in there too. S30-series Z Chief Designer Yoshihiko Matsuo contributed somewhat to the rear-end restyling of the 410/411-series Bluebird earlier in his career, which helped him to climb rank in Nissan's styling department.
Seems pretty complete to me however the amount of time and money to bring it back would be a labor of love for sure. And then, not sure I could fit in it....????
df0khes.jpg

EKwHeUZ.jpg

h1lcuC2.jpg

SacCyclone

Club Member
I like the blue 71.

I'd actually like a roadster.

The wagon is super cool. can you get parts?
The silver roadster under the makeshift cover is a 70 I believe and it is now running off a plastic catch tank...sounded pretty good. The owner just did the brakes on it as well but not running and driving on the ground as of yet.....he is still working on it for the last few months.

The second roadster with the 616 license plate has been sitting for decades.

The wagon seems to be very complete so probably just a matter of repairing and re-conditioning the parts on the car. I am very interested that it has a dual SU (?) setup on a wagon, must do a little research. Since the emblem on the back shows a B-W automatic it appears that this car was converted to a manual transmission at some point in it's life.

Mike

Last edited:

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
The wagon seems to be very complete so probably just a matter of repairing and re-conditioning the parts on the car. I am very interested that it has a dual SU (?) setup on a wagon, must do a little research. Since the emblem on the back shows a B-W automatic it appears that this car was converted to a manual transmission at some point in it's life.

I wasn't aware that the SSS models were sold in north America, let alone in a Wagon version. The SSS emblem on the rear of the car is mounted upside down, so it might have just been an enthusiastic former owner's addition...

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
whats the one with the bonnet scoop in front of the yellow /lime 240z?

SacCyclone

Club Member
This one is a 67 Datsun 411 wagon SSS model with dual SU carbs on bring a trailer in 2009. I think that Datsun exported the SSS line in a 4 door sedan and 4 door wagon for 1967 but not a 2 door version. Some were the B-W automatic and some were manual transmissions. At least that's what info I got from a quick google search.
1967_Datsun_RL_411_SSS_Wagon_Rear_1.jpg