3D rendering of 240Z be nice.... | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

3D rendering of 240Z be nice....

Discussion in 'S30 (240Z,260Z,280Z) General' started by Robbie J, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Robbie J

Robbie J
    Z Club Member

So a workmate has been putting together a 3D rendering of 240Z (yes I know I have a 280 2+2)

the idea was I could try different colours out. Looking at the base model it's not as close as I would like. The guy doing it is top of the line but hasn't the time to make it perfect. Are there any 2D drawings he can use to get the proportions better? Any 2D drawings of Minilites etc

once it's done I can put it into a exe you can view on any PC with a GPU 53391176_2509243422436471_774981665507246080_n.jpg

2. Mr Tenno

Mr Tenno
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Easiest way I found to do this sort of thing is to buy Forza motorsports / Gran Turismo etc, then you can tweak colours, wheels etc. to your heart's content.

3. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer in training Staff Member Moderator

Wow not a bad looking car or gaff.

4. dotMorse

dotMorse
    Z Club Member

5. Robbie J

Robbie J
    Z Club Member

even though it's on my companies hardware (we make the chips in xbox/playstation) ideally want the model on a PC. I can raytrace car paint to my heart's content. Back in the day the company I worked for sponsored the BTCC Primera years later I sent the Primera club the 3D dataset http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/british-touring-car-btcc-nissan-primera_topic22669&OB=ASC_page2.html does anybody have a decent 3D CAD model of a S30?

6. Robbie J

Robbie J
    Z Club Member

It's actually a guy from Maxon! Perfect.....

7. dotMorse

dotMorse
    Z Club Member

A good guy to know. They are a very talented bunch over there.

8. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

Dot, do you have a hi res version of that drawing available at all? (on blueprints)

9. dotMorse

dotMorse
    Z Club Member

I do on my machine in the office. I will send it through on Monday.

Tom

10. dotMorse

dotMorse
    Z Club Member

I just remembered I can download it from my server remotely.

Attached Files:

11. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

Cheers Tom

12. Robbie J

Robbie J
    Z Club Member

yes thx

13. toopy

toopy
    Z Club Member

It's funny with those line technical/line drawings, that the rear view of the car always looks a bit 'flabby/bloated' which does the real thing no justice whatsoever! :D