370Z wheels on a Capri!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Anybody seen Auto Express this week?

It features 'styled' pictures of a new Capri and it has 370Z wheels on it!

It had a close look and the two pictures of the same side show the wheels differently i.e. other side.

I wonder what Nissan have to say about it :unsure:

Paul_S

Club Member
Really? How did they fit those?! My overriding memory of Capri's is how small the wheels are. Have then fitted the 18" or 19"s?

Other side? Sorry, I don't understand that bit.

Got any pics? :)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Other side? Sorry, I don't understand that bit.

Paul, the spokes are not symetrical (crows foot and then a flat bit on one edge) so on each side of the car they appear different i.e. a different part of the spoke faces forward. On the Auto Express pictures they show both aspects on the same side (two different pictures).

This is a new Capri not an old Retro one, it looks like a VW Scirocco. It's just media talk perhaps - have a look at the mag in your Newsagent.

I saw it at my Dad's today - he's 89!!

Paul_S

Club Member
I like your Dad already :)

You know, I've never noticed the crows feet thing - I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow!

New Capri? Interesting idea... Google here I come!

Paul_S

Club Member
I've just looked. Are you sure it's not a photoshop? I think the wheels are the same side to side.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Paul, I've started something now. All I was trying to say was that the Auto Express is 'leading' this week on a 'New Capri' story. Their pictures have been computer generated (I assume) and they have 'borrowed' the wheels from a 370Z.

My explanation about the wheels was just to prove that they are not 'real' pictures because those shots are not possible.

Paul look at these pictures of my wheels. Of course all the wheels are the same but they look different on each side of the car. On the drivers side when the car is going forward the Y section leads as it rotates, on the passenger side the flat section leads. Other wheels like the XR3 wheel shown are even worse in this respect - on the passenger side they spin like a Catherine Wheel but on the driver's side the wheel looks as if it going against the natural rotation.

On the Auto Express pictures they show one picture of the passenger side with 370Z wheels 'leading' with the Y section AND one of the same side with the flat section leading.

Yes I know I should get out more.:eek:

Attachments

• My 370 002.JPG
    My 370 002.JPG
    681.5 KB · Views: 16
  • My 370 004.JPG
    My 370 004.JPG
    676.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 29146169.jpg
    29146169.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 8