370Z seen in the metal

Paul_S

Club Member
nissansportz had their AGM yesterday. As part of the day, Nissan Europe did a presentation on the 370Z. After the slides were over we were invited into a room and sitting there was a 370Z for us to climb and drool over!!!! This is the first time the car has been seen in the UK.

Here are a few pics for starters. I've got some video footage that I will try and get online ASAP too.

3050732809_c0e795cffc_o.jpg

3051579004_1edb6a7187_o.jpg

3051577574_4258dfb35b_o.jpg

3050736937_2a5576365a_o.jpg

3051572234_ac8338469f_o.jpg

3050736601_91a506fa90_o.jpg

I've got to say that I was a little unsure of the car just looking at the photo's, but when you see it in the flesh you'll love it. It is seriously nice :)

The UK will get the US sports pack as standard (rear spoiler, front chin, etc.) and the choice of a 6 speed manual or 7 speed auto.

http://www.370zuk.com/

I want one!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes, lucky bugger!

On the picture showing the 350Z too it makes the 350Z look smaller and sleeker is that how it appears 'in the flesh'?

Paul_S

Club Member
Yeah, the 370Z is shorter and a little lower and wider. It does have to be seen. Even the fangs on the front make sense when you see the lines of the car.

It has some nice features too (the needles on the dials are clear and illuminated and they go through a 'power-up cycle' when the car starts). Also, the rev-sync thingy (it matches the revs on gear changes) sounds very cool :)

Here's a load more pics...

gallery_245_294_593570.jpg

gallery_245_294_248425.jpg

gallery_245_294_502406.jpg

gallery_245_294_814034.jpg

gallery_245_294_216027.jpg

gallery_245_294_250750.jpg

Paul_S

Club Member
What happened to gold Brembos??
They aren't going to appear on the 370Z. The Nissan discs and callipers that are fitted are actually quite a lot larger then the Brembo's on the 350Z. Shame they don't look as nice!

Alan Mac

Forum User
That's got to be the ugliest door handle ever put on a car. Looks like it fell off a Cybermans leg plate.
Wheels are a bit fugly too (like a TSW Stealth's illegitimate love-child).

Otherwise it'a a real show stopper. Lots of little touches nicked from other cars (indents in the roof are pure ST185 Celica, front bumper 'fangs' are Lambo, light with the Z in it is Shelby Mustang, mirrors are very Fiat Coupe), but as a whole package that is a stunning looking little car.

Probably the best Z since the 240. Can't think of higher praise than that, as the 240 is perfect.

Dale

Club Member
I'm loving it more and more every time I see it. I think I'd have liked to see it with a 'power bulge' though, but hey, I'm not complaining! :D

Here's a LINK to 'a lot' more photos. Close ups of everything. :thumbs:

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
I actually quite like that now, i wasn't sure before but now i do like it. Just subtle tweaks to improve the shape of the 350, lights are a little odd but getting used to them.

Love that interior! :D

Paul_S

Club Member
Excellent link!

Notice the blue car is the base model with the cloth seats, lower end stereo, no sat nav. Also, it has a spare wheel - if you have the BOSE audio then that space is taken up with a sub.

TheMinel

Well-Known Forum User
rear is definitely ugly. But not a bit ugly, PROPER ugly.

Those fangs as they are called are not even functional! they lead to.... plastic, bah!

Interior looks really nice, but the front bumper, front headlights (BUG eyed! ewww!) and the whole rear part of the car (from the B pillar to the rear bumper) just don't do it for me. For that little extra performance (which I'll be interested to see, since the 370Z is heavier than a 2003 350Z base model!) and the interior, there's no risk of me geting one...