370Z Roadster

martinmac

Inactive
Controversial but I would normally agree that with the roof up roadsters suffer, not with the 370 though.

JakTheRuby

Club Member
I think it looks great. It looks angry as hell with kick-up rear end. Gives it a really powerful stance. Not too worried about the rag top either as it still looks really good. My only concern (as with all roadsters) is the effect of adding strength to counter the loss of roof and buggering up the great weight distribution that all of the motoring press seem to think is superb. We get a battery one in a years time too. What the hell is that gonna handle like? Wonder if the appeal of looks will be enough when you lose that Nissan V6 soundtrack?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The coupé is aggressive - fantastic - the cabriolet doesn't need to be (shouldn't be - different appeal ?) and therefore imho the Z4 has cleaner, smoother lines - even the Cayman looks better as a cabriolet.

Good to have the option of a rag-top but it's the coupé that'll sell this side of the water - time will tell.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
All I'll say is I agree with Martin the 370Z Roadster is a better looking car than the 350Z Roadster.

Steve Dodson

Well-Known Forum User
Very pretty looks good in graphite. S30 is still the prettiest for me though. But maybe I'm not comparing apples with apples?

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
yes it looks angry but i do not like when they airbrush the picture,i bet it will look different in the flesh

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
All I'll say is I agree with Martin the 370Z Roadster is a better looking car than the 350Z Roadster.

All you're saying is that the 370Z coupé looks betetr than the 350.......

c'mon, who wants 320bhp with no roof ? Better to have marketed a Fairlady Roadster that could fit somewhere between an MX-5 and and S2000 !

martinmac

Inactive
By the time I finish with it it will look like a beast and I will be happy to put it up against any 370 coupe.

600 bhp without a roof also work fine for me. Alex manages to get it round Knockhill pretty well.

zedboy

Club Member
IMO Coupes are always better looking.

I'm still not totally convinced by the looks of the 370- too fussy at the front and IMO will date quickly.

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Each to their own, I've never liked any rag top Z they just don't do it for me, would'nt mind a 370 coupe though alot of car for the money.

mikecart

Well-Known Forum User
Yep.

I've seen 2 coupes out and about on the road over the last couple of days, and they look really nice...