370Z P2 Service Cost

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
What do you guys think of this?

Many thanks for your email regarding vehicle registration MX59 ONT . I can confirm that the vehicle is due a P2 service at 12,502 miles. The service includes oil/oil filter/2 x pollen filters/ air filter and brake fluid change. Spark plugs are not needed until 54,000 miles or 5 years. The list price of the service is £415.78, however in view of the fact that you are a very loyal customer and having spoken to Alan Pool I can reduce this price to £340 inclusive of parts, labour and vat.

It really annoys me to have to pay someone £90 /hr to change my oil, grease my door hinges and top up my washer bottle! I know what tread depth I have and pad life etc etc.There must be a better way for people like me to bypass this (catch all) system to keep the warranty going. Before Sunday I will be doing most of this (including brake bleeding) on my 240 as routine. I think Nissan even try to include engine flush and fuel treatment :unsure: in their servicing - even on my Mother-in-Law's 12k mls Micra.

I've recently replaced the bearings in my Washing Machine and Motor in the Tumble Dryer to keep costs down - this would pay for a new Machine!

Paul_S

Club Member
I hear what you are saying!

Mine is in for it's P2 tomorrow so I'll let you know what I'm charged (but I have supplied my own oil & filter).

Paul_S

Club Member
..also - I forgot to mention - I don't think all those things apply to the 370Z and are a generic Nissan P2 service. I'm sure we don't have pollen filters for example...

racer

Club Member
I feel your pain Rob. This is the drawback of newer cars, you have to get them serviced at main dealers so they retain there value. I looked into the cost of a Inspection 2 for an M3 and at the main dealers £1000 is not unusual. Good job I found an independant locally.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Don't you have the same euro law there - any professional can servce any make of car and the warranty remains valid providing OEM parts are fitted ?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Don't you have the same euro law there - any professional can servce any make of car and the warranty remains valid providing OEM parts are fitted ?

I think so Sean - I will check.

I do value a Main Dealer Service and yes if I was buying another 370 I'd feel happier and pay more for one with such history, but they hardly do anything.

I thought this was funny, a follow-up email:

Hi Rob,

Sorry but in my last email I forgot to tell you that all Nissan servicing now comes with Nissan breakdown assistance free of charge.

That's confidence for you! The main concern re breakdown I have is that of getting a damaged tyre - I don't have a spare!

When I was 18 I serviced my own car a Hillman Imp I rallied. That included tappet adjustment via shims, contact breakers, adjustment of drum brakes, maybe greasing of suspension joints. It was far more labour intensive. Modern cars are very reliable and need very little attention so why do we not benefit from that?

Matt, have you bought an M3 now?

Last edited by a moderator:

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Sadly its the price you pay to have a fully main dealer stamped service book when it comes to sell the car....how much is that worth, you decide
Under EU law you can go independant and still preserve your warranty but I think the independant has to be approved by the manufacturer/dealer

Rob G said:
Matt, have you bought an M3 now?

No, he still hasn’t found one with an automatic sovereign ring polisher....which was an optional extra on the M3 "wide boy" version

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Sadly its the price you pay to have a fully main dealer stamped service book when it comes to sell the car....how much is that worth, you decide

Yep and at the moment on this car it's important. Great car, liking it more and more - one of my original moans is still an issue - visibility. There are lots of blind spots. I think modern cars are dangerous in that respect.

New rear tyres needed soon at about £250 a go. Still can't run a 370 and moan about running costs I suppose - it's just paying expensive labour for unskilled (for most tasks) work that hurts.

gizmo71

currum auriga quasi furtivum
one of my original moans is still an issue - visibility. There are lots of blind spots. I think modern cars are dangerous in that respect.

Know what you mean - I thought the Z33 was bad but the Z34's mirrors are so huge that what little visibility out of the left side is almost nil. :eek: I get the distinct impression that the A-pillars are even wider too - I don't want it to protect me from a roll over, I want to see what's coming so I don't have one in the first place! :rolleyes:

Paul_S

Club Member
I think the A pillars might be thicker. But at least the rain doesn't come in when you have the window drivers' down!