370/240 styling

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Look at these pics, all Nissan need to do now is lighten the 370 and they'll end up with a 'sports' car again ;)

Attachments

• brock-racing-datsun-240z-370z-40th.jpg
    brock-racing-datsun-240z-370z-40th.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Tyres 002.JPG
    Tyres 002.JPG
    680 KB · Views: 62
  • Tyres 003.JPG
    Tyres 003.JPG
    664 KB · Views: 59

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah...add lightness - dream on - all the manufacturers THINK we need electric seats, GPS, airco, PS, humongous stereo and sub-woofers (and tweeters and bag on head) and masses of sound-proofing !

I can't help feeling that the 370 needs lights that are less 'plastic' - see revised photo !

Attachments

• Tyres%20002.JPG
    Tyres%20002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

Throttleton

Well-Known Forum User
Rob, everyone is looking at your pics and thinking 'I wish that was my driveway'
Not much else to say.......

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Throttleton, yeh I realise I'm pretty lucky at the moment tbh.

There is only one sports car on that drive and that was what I was trying to say. Start them both up and the 240 wins 'hands down' (whatever that means).

Don't ever let me get rid of that car it's awesome - Datsun made a fantastic car when they built the 240.

The Datsun shouldn't be that quick but it is, it punches soooo much above it's weight.

The 370 is a lovely car and so much better than the usual computer designed box these days but it's got no soul!

I get in the 370 press the starter button and drive down the road thinking what a lovely car.

I get in the 240, wait for the float chambers to fill up, pull the choke out, turn the key, it fires on 3 then 4 then 6, release the key and my heart speeds up! Let it settle down until it's warm and then blip the throttle - wow - that's the difference. To us cars are not just a means of transport are they?

I do of course realise that one car is absolutely standard and one car is modified quite a bit. A track 370 would be something else :thumbs:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I was always taught that the best way to warm up a car is merely to drive it gently 'til the temp approaches normal.........:confused:

Paul_S

Club Member
Yeah...add lightness - dream on - all the manufacturers THINK we need electric seats, GPS, airco, PS, humongous stereo and sub-woofers (and tweeters and bag on head) and masses of sound-proofing !

I can't help feeling that the 370 needs lights that are less 'plastic' - see revised photo !
That reminds me of Calibra lights.

I think what the car lacks, Rob, is a more noisy exhaust. I reckon that's next on my list :)

martinmac

Inactive
Looking very good Rob. I am pleased that Nissan have mirrored the shape of the earlier models.

The exhaust options are out there.

Paul_S

Club Member
Calibra ? Very underrated car and still undated !
You are right there. My mate had the turbo and it was great. I saw one the other day and it still looked fresh (shame so many examples were ruined with bad bodykits and exhausts).

RE: the 370Z, the boomerang lights have really grown on me. I still think the 350Z is a 'prettier' car but the 370Z looks more up to date and has great presence :)

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
interesting comparison ,if they put round headlights on the 370 the top half would be very retro !!!!!!!!!!!!! surprising how both cars have similar lines on the top half.

Nissan could always do the Porsche thing where they lose most of the interior etc,a couple of tweeks and an extra £30,000 you have a track car

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
RE: the 370Z, the boomerang lights have really grown on me. I still think the 350Z is a 'prettier' car but the 370Z looks more up to date and has great presence :)

Agreed. :thumbs:. There are very few cars I could have bought for the price that have as much presence and made me feel so good. I've not really explored the driving experience yet but I'm off to Cornwall next weekend for a few days so hopefully I'll be able to put that right.

Also I'm currently considering a good offer from Mr F on a top quality aftermarket exhaust.

My 240: YouTube - Tetleysdad's Channel

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
There are very few cars I could have bought for the price that have as much presence and made me feel so good.

You mean of course 'NEW' cars because at the price of a new 370Z, the choice is staggering which you could have bought.

End of the day, the 350Z is pretty, the 370Z much more aggressive and the 240Z has both qualities.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Rob Gaskin said:
I get in the 240, wait for the float chambers to fill up, pull the choke out, turn the key, it fires on 3 then 4 then 6, release the key and my heart speeds up! Let it settle down until it's warm and then blip the throttle - wow - that's the difference. To us cars are not just a means of transport are they?

Some of the most emotive and appropriate words written on this forum for a long time....spot on.

Throttleton

Well-Known Forum User
I agree Mr SKiddell, trouble is my engine is in a box and Robs' words have made me feel somewhat depressed (no offence Rob). I must get on with it......

Paul_S

Club Member
Agreed. :thumbs:. There are very few cars I could have bought for the price that have as much presence and made me feel so good. I've not really explored the driving experience yet but I'm off to Cornwall next weekend for a few days so hopefully I'll be able to put that right.

Also I'm currently considering a good offer from Mr F on a top quality aftermarket exhaust.

Interesting - which one are you thinking of? I too am in the market for one... ;)