350Z shock

Mr.F

Inactive
I was shocked to receive a phone call from my dealer supplying the 350Z today telling me that my car is going to be here four days early! When does that ever happen?

Look for 7.2% signature to rise to 100% soon!

Mr.F

Inactive
Having had the first shock bringing the date forward to 6th Nov from the 10th, I dropped off number plates and insurance certificate this evening to be told it will now be here tomorrow!!!!!! Still recovering from the shock and probably won't sleep much tonight.
Undoubtedly see you tomorrow night on your way home from work Tony!

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Lucky devil... I could see the monster grin in your post! I'll try but as Vicky is going out tomorrow night it'll be a very brief drooling session. Shame it's nearly a month to the next SEZ meet!

Mr.F

Inactive
And today's bad news is that the transporter driver bringing the car from Sunderland obviously fancied a lie in this morning, so the promised delivery didn't take place! Now promised for (late) tomorrow, so pick-up unlikely until Friday.......they set you up, they knock you down!

Mr.F

Inactive
Oh all right then - Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! **&^$%$£"!((*&***??><>* accompanied by much wrenching of hair and gnashing of teeth.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Does this mean you'll be driving the 350z to the NEC?:cool: :eek:
JEZ

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.F

Inactive
The "driving to the NEC" bit is fine; I'm not sure after two days of ownership I'm going to be ready to abandon a new-born in a public car park for the whole day............

..........assuming today's promise is fulfilled - I'm beginning to think the car bounced on its roof coming down the A1 now.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
It would have been good to see a 350Z on the stand at the NEC this year.

JEZ:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.F

Inactive
This model could convince you to return, Phil!

Latest news is that the car arrived at the dealers today too late for the PDI to be completed, so pick up is about 1-00pm on the 7th (still 3 days early!). I may be gone for some time.......

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Looking forward to seeing it! Better warn the local petrol stations to set by some extra stocks....

And blimey, you even lured Wandy out into the open again :)

Russ

Club Member
Will they let you go and just sit in it and make brmmm brmmmm noises????

I would be sleeping in it that's for sure!

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
I think that Mike WILL be gone for a LONG time. I have just sat in the identical car to his and even got to start it up!!
WOW! You lucky sod Mike.
PS does any one want to cancel their 350Z order?? I think I NEED one!:D

Mr.F

Inactive
O.K. - the delivery finally took place. Mini photo to whet the appetite and some more initial shots in the gallery soon.

Initial impressions are how easy it was to become familiar with the car (essential Z-ness), how tight and right everything in a new car feels (essential new-ness) and how improved all aspects of the interior and suspension are (high quality)(...).

Engine torque really apparent in all gears, even 6th at under 2000rpm.:D

670DSCF0089-med.JPG

Tony 260Z

Club Member
I dropped by Mike's place this evening on my way home. 350Z looks even better in the metal than it does in the pics - lovely colour, very purposeful looking car. Quite squat and beefy-looking. Goes like stink I expect!

Abandon hope all ye Audi TT drivers...