350Z get together!

Stew

Forum User
This is stolen from Ebized of 350Z-uk who traveled to the Jockland Hoon from Epsom picking up some friends on the way! Also, all the 350Z owners ended up with a thing for steam trains after our epic Harry Potter journey! :thumbs:

We set out on Tuesday 1 September and 10 days later were back home with an extra 2500 miles on the clock which included some glorious roads and enjoyed great company. The ZED ran faultlessly as ever and gave June & I a really memorable time - so much so we are already planning another Scottish trip for next May or June.

Having dug ourselves out the inevitable M25 traffic jam (just 10 miles from Epsom :dry:) on the 1st, we travelled up the M6 to Moffat for an overnight stop at the Best Western Hotel, having met Chris and Amanda at the Charnock Richard services on route. Ricky and Karen had arrived before us and Chris and Tracy arrived later in the evening - all of us battling through the rain at one time or another.

P1050643.jpg

The Wednesday morning we set off for Fort Augustus but having heard about the road through The Trossachs via Brig o'Turk, I couldn't miss that and thoroughly enjoyed the hairpins, the 4 cars arriving outside this amazing converted villa. Not sure I was flavour of the month after that little bit of rallying :surrender:

P1050651.jpg

P1050650.jpg

The rest of the drive along the A84/A82 via Fort William is a spectacular drive although the one time we got stopped by roadworks it decided to pee down just after I took this pic :lol:

P1050656.jpg

We had missed a visit to Skye on last years Hoon so had planned to do that on the Thursday with Chris and Amanda for company. Although much of the journey there and back was wet there was a weather window in the afternoon that allowed us to see some of the island and an interesting look round a sheepskin place - fortunately got out of there with the excuse we had no room for rugs but that didn't stop leather gloves being bought :doh:

Friday was Harry Potter day so with other keen train spotters :wacko: we made it to the station at Fort William in the nick of time left and the ZEDS for quite a fun day, albeit I think a little traumatic for Stew when he could see the trian getting up steam but did not know where the station entrance was :blush: Anyway, for the train enthusiasts on the way to Mallaig:

and on the return trip, including some spectacular scenery:

P1050679.jpg

P1050681.jpg

Saturday was shopping and car washing day (in the rain :blush: ) but then all those that had arrived at FA met at the chalet park for a rather wet BBQ, or should I say a Martinmac special from the oven and hob keeping us fed and watered. Felt sorry for Stew who raced off to Inverness to get another Gazebo only to find it sieved rain more than it kept it out :snorkel:

Sunday morning we assembled in the local car park for the start of the 350 mile run:

P1050689.jpg

Drove out towards Skye on the A87 (that is a great road) to Eilean Donan castle for the first stop but some little Hitler there thought coaches should be parking where we parked the ZEDs so we didn't hang around

P1050695.jpg

The next section took us towards Applecross, via a little tunnel (hmmmmmm like the Nismo exhaust just fitted :D ) The following pics taken on that drive:

P1050698.jpg

P1050701.jpg

P1050705.jpg

P1050709.jpg

Arrived at the Inn and squeezed in some parking

P1050711.jpg

Stew

Forum User
After a truly excellent lunch (the Applecros Haggis with Drambuie cream is to die for) we set off on the next leg to Ullapool - some pics on the way and the weather really turned for the better - even sunglasses came out :lol:

P1050722.jpg

P1050735.jpg

P1050736.jpg

P1050738.jpg

Having stopped for tea in Ullapool and a necessary fill-up we then headed out around the A835 and back along the A832, down the infamous road to Kinlochewe where we urned around and came back up - you have seen the drive by video well here is tail-end charlie bringing up the rear and straightening the bends in true Lomoto style :D

Arrived back at the Eilean Donan castle well into the evening

P1050774.jpg

And for me one of the best bits was the drive in the dark back along the A87 - that road is simply awesome for night driving :teeth: