350z gearbox in S30 anyone? | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

350z gearbox in S30 anyone?

Discussion in '240Z / 260Z / 280Z' started by AliK, Oct 2, 2018.

1. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

2. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

They're massive, heavy gearboxes. I think whatever exhaust you've currently got, just wouldn't fit next to one?

AliK likes this.
  3. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Also, one can still find S13/14 boxes for reasonable money. I got one of each a couple of weeks ago...

4. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Hoke performance have been doing this kit for a little while now, I like the concept just not sure it works in practice.

If you could get a smaller/lighter 6 speed box to fit then that would be interesting!

5. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Where from?

6. johnymd

johnymd
    Z Club Member

Looks rather long. May work in a 2+2 if you remove the front seats and sit in the back!!

AliK likes this.
  7. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

Both off eBay, one from Stockport (nice and convenient), one from Derby (also convenient). £255 and £280 I think.

AliK likes this.
  8. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow that is reasonable indeed!! :thumbs:

9. richiep

richiep
    Z Club Member

The S14 will go in Dixie, and the 13 is a spare for either of my Zs.

Anything over 325-50 quid for a 71C starts to get into overpriced territory IMO. You just have to be patient and then pounce when something comes along.

Then again, I’ll never beat my own success with the S14a box in the FairladyZ, a really good box that cost me £150 from a guy in Stockport!

Make cash deals and outside of eBay offers!

AliK likes this.
  10. AliK

AliK
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

I paid £320 for mine 98k miles from a scrapped car.

The irony is after buying it, my 71B gear change improved due to bleeding the air out of the system and I really like the change. Even toopy commented on it when we went for a drive.

At least I have a spare for a the future when mine gives up; or an appreciating asset!?