300ZX Chip needed | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

300ZX Chip needed

Discussion in 'Z32 300ZX' started by SRRAE, Jul 6, 2009.

1. SRRAE

SRRAE Well-Known Forum User

Hi,
    Is there any one there who would be very gracious and could email me a ECU chip map that I can burn?

I am so close to getting my car on the road after 4 years, the latest in a long line of set backs is my ECU chip blew :(

If any one can please please help, its for a 91 300ZX Twin Turbo with 555cc injectors and a JWT dual intake.

Last time some very nice person sent me a basic map with that setup via email.

2. John Dixon

John Dixon Well-Known Forum User

3. SRRAE

Perfect, thanks.

Is there a certain type of Eprom chip I need to buy. I need to get a burner and chip but Im not sure if there is a certin type I need.

4. John Dixon

It's a 27C256, any generic one with a <90ns access time and DIL package will be OK.
    I use the atmel OTP ones as not bothered about wiping / reusing them, RS stock an ST one, part no 394-320.

5. SRRAE

Im struggling to find a decetly priced eprom burner and its not easy. Any suggestions?
    Is the chip 16bit? As some eprom burners I have found dont do 16bit chips.

6. John Dixon

No, it's 8 bit. Look on ebay for a PC based burner rather than standalone, you should be able to get one for less than £50 I'd think. Even the most basic one will do these chips.