30 Year Garage Find 240Zed

SacCyclone

Club Member
********************Listing up on E-Bay this Sunday October 2, to start at $12,000. Reserve at $14,500**********************

Video at:

https://www.youtube.com/user/fpdmcshane

U.S. serviceman purchased this Zed in Okinawa Japan in 1972. Vehicle was shipped back to the States after his tour of duty was completed.

Owner parked the car in his garage in 1985 and it never moved again until his death in 2015 when his brother contacted me.

I took some pics of the car when I acquired it but found that other than some primer sprayed on the emblem areas, it was a relatively rust free original car with a beautiful factory dash.

Wanted to share some pics of the car when I found it and how it looks today after a good clean up and some quick spray over of the primer. Probably one of the most original Zeds I have ever found.

More pics at saccyclone.imgur.com

Enjoy.

pnpmpBH.jpg
[/IMG]

YncQcl2.jpg
[/IMG]

jwR3GdF.jpg
[/IMG]

wXjJiV3.jpg
[/IMG]

Gi9oz5c.jpg
[/IMG]

lsRktuO.jpg
[/IMG]

LtYcHbn.jpg
[/IMG]

uS0rUod.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

Farmer42

Club Member
Looks a nice car.

This must be a US or Euro spec car as I though JDM models had RHD and were Fairlady Z's rather than 240Z's. Also the Odometer is in MPH not KPH.

The Serviceman must have had it shipped to Japan, used it and then shipped it back to the US so it seems that it has travelled a bit in its early days.

Out of curiosity is that a couple of 280ZX's in the background of your first pic?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
This must be a US or Euro spec car as I though JDM models had RHD and were Fairlady Z's rather than 240Z's. Also the Odometer is in MPH not KPH.

The Serviceman must have had it shipped to Japan, used it and then shipped it back to the US so it seems that it has travelled a bit in its early days.

Okinawa was under the civil administration of the United States from 1950 until May 1972 (look up 'USCAR'), so during that time they were driving on the right and new cars were LHD with MPH speedos.

Nissan made an effort to supply LHD Export versions of their models to the Okinawan market, sometimes with dual language owners manuals.

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
Looks lovely! Interesting point about Okinawa Alan, thanks for sharing :)

What's the part that's attached to the center console bottom left of the radio??

SacCyclone

Club Member
Air Con

Looks lovely! Interesting point about Okinawa Alan, thanks for sharing :)

What's the part that's attached to the center console bottom left of the radio??

Yes, it has a dealer installed ARA air con system installed. The controller is attached to the center console, driver's side.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Okinawa was under the civil administration of the United States from 1950 until May 1972 (look up 'USCAR'), so during that time they were driving on the right and new cars were LHD with MPH speedos.

Nissan made an effort to supply LHD Export versions of their models to the Okinawan market, sometimes with dual language owners manuals.

Thanks Alan.:driving:

SacCyclone

Club Member
Looks a nice car.

Out of curiosity is that a couple of 280ZX's in the background of your first pic?

Yes, those are 2 parts cars 280ZX that belong to a friend of mine. Currently for sale locally for $500 for both cars. Here is the link.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5750001470.html

SacCyclone

Club Member
Thanks John,

I am very happy with how it has turned out. Being stored inside all those years has kept it very well preserved.

The paint on the car is a 20 footer.....looks good going down the road.

The body and interior is where this car shines.

Wyn

Club Member
Looks a good shell in the pics. What's it like under the bonnet?

btw, What's the sticker for on the rear bumper ?

SacCyclone

Club Member
That bumper came off my car when I purchased a fiberglass unit...it was in very nice condition and was a factory unit. The front bumper is a new FutoFab bumper.

Original bumper damaged....

i4qNyp6.jpg
[/IMG]

SacCyclone

Club Member
Finished installing the carpet, rear hatch plastic, spare tire, and other parts today. I also installed vintage floor mats that came with the car when I purchased it, they had never been installed and still had the tag attached to them....very cool.

jAPOSwz.jpg
[/IMG]

tdHAtuI.jpg
[/IMG]

v1sPpfy.jpg
[/IMG]

cZoTsiR.jpg
[/IMG]

zREKyqQ.jpg
[/IMG]