280zx discs on a 240zs Rear

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
I just wondered what the diameter was of a 280zx rear disc as I'm fitting discs to the rear of my 73 240z has anyone fitted 200sx rear calipers as they are supposed to be bigger than 280zx ones, I think you are supposed to use 240sx calipers but I'm hoping they are the same, you cvan also fit 300zx Z31 rear discs but I'm not sure if i get my 14inch Wolfies back on after fitting the Big discs. there's always an added extra..

Still at least I've got the fronts Sorted 300zx Z31 Vented discs and Mk3 Hilux calipers with cooling finns and drilled discs with track day performance pads that should help..

Nick...

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Hi, they are from a 1984 model the only year that the 300zx z31 had only 4 wheel nuts these bolt straight onto the back of the 240s hubs with a suitable spacer. the discs are a bit hard to come by over here as these 4 wheel nut Z31 were never inportred to the UK..

Nick...

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
240z rear Discs conversion

Hi Has anyone carried out this Mod and where do I get the brackets to fit the the calipers to my rear struts.
Also how much are 280zx rear discs.. 79-82 model..

Nick..

Mr.F

Inactive
There are two types of 280ZX rear disc and 280ZX rear caliper - roughly 79-81 and late 81 - 83. Different rear disc conversions use one or the other (or in some cases, Maxima calipers which are similar). Best to source the brackets first, then the rest. I have both types of disc and reconditioned calipers of both types in stock for anyone doing this conversion. Recon calipers require a reconditionable core in exchange.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Zed2k has sourced some Early calipers in working order from a VERY reputable supplier of s/h z and zx parts.

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
I am going down 280zx caliper(late) and disc route. I have sourced the appropiate brackets, I can give you the part number and where I got them if you want (I don't have the info here to hand).

Cheers
Ian