280zx Agreed values....

monza

Well-Known Forum User
Chaps,

following on from the '280zx - where are they all' post....it was nice to see all those examples :thumbs:

it then made me think what values have each of you actually managed to get AGREED with your insurance company ?...

My car is a 280zx 2+2 targa 5 speed manual, 109k miles, its was rebuilt by a previous owner so its very very solid ( and yes, I know where to look ), its complete ( ie no bits missing ) and still has the targa top bags, its bog standard ( ie no fancy hoses - you know who you are...;), or stereo stuff ). Paint is the weak point on the car, its non metallic in above-average condition due to some defects here and there in the paint itself....

I've gone for £4k..but on reflection could I replace the car for that amount...as you don't see many for sale, I don't know....I've seen those on car and classic and I reckon it would cost me nearer to £6k to replace mine....:unsure:

Huw

Club Member
I'd drop Moggy a line and get a club valuation.

I did that, got a very nice suprise and the insurance company agreed it.

P.s nothing wrong with fancy hoses :p

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Asking prices of 280Zx's have increased in the last few years in line with most "classics"

When I think what I sold mine for a few years ago, I would be asking triple the amount now!