280Z strut housing glad nut thread size

RawlinSTR

Club Member
Hi all,

I'm in the middle of purchasing some Koni inserts to go in my 280Z housings and I need to get the gland nuts that hold the inserts in the housings.

According to this thread the gland nut thread and pitch for 240Z housings is M48 x 1.5mm, but they say that the 280Z housings require a larger size, but they don't say what that size is.

I'm not near the car at the moment to measure myself, so does anyone here know or is able to measure for me?

Thanks,
Simon

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Normally when you get new shocks they would come with new gland nuts. I not am sure but I think the koni gland nuts are slightly different to factory ones aswell

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Normally when you get new shocks they would come with new gland nuts. I not am sure but I think the koni gland nuts are slightly different to factory ones aswell
IIRC they have a longer thread to seat the case better.

Simon; where are you getting them from?

RawlinSTR

Club Member
Thanks all, I’m buying Koni universal inserts since my housings have been sectioned, so I have to request the gland nuts I need

RawlinSTR

Club Member
So I realised I had one of the old gland nuts I took off lying around at home (I think it's factory but I'm not sure, hence why I'm just getting new ones) and I've measured it to be a 52mm thread.

Hopefully this thread will be useful for someone in the future!