280Z prices on the up !

uk66fastback

Club Member
Can't fault the detail of the rebuild going by those pics. No idea what a ZAPP one is either.

But LHD so no market in the UK for a 40k Z surely (that isn't a 240 for starters)

How does it work... A guy in London or with a London contact, buys/gets/obtains an American-sold car made in Japan rebuilt in Hungary ...

Middleman/dealer/speculator/flipper/owner ??

richiep

Club Member
Hmm, I'm with you Chris. It's a 280Z and the fully liveried ZZZap cars are pretty hideous! I would think the market for such a car really resides in the US, where people know what a ZZZap is and might place some premium on it over other 280Zs (although still not over equivalent condition 240Zs).

Nicely executed though and the most evolved of the 280Zs being a later one, so very civilised inside and well equipped.

richiep

Club Member
Can't fault the detail of the rebuild going by those pics. No idea what a ZAPP one is either.

ZZZapAd.jpg

ZZZapZL.jpg

uk66fastback

Club Member
The engine bay on the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAPP is a thing of beauty though ... some work went into that.

But yes, the US is the best market for it.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Hmm, I'm with you Chris. It's a 280Z and the fully liveried ZZZap cars are pretty hideous! I would think the market for such a car really resides in the US, where people know what a ZZZap is and might place some premium on it over other 280Zs (although still not over equivalent condition 240Zs).

Nicely executed though and the most evolved of the 280Zs being a later one, so very civilised inside and well equipped.

I quite like the colour scheme and decals :D Reminds me of Hot Wheels and Matchbox Superfast model cars of the 70s....... Stands out in a crowd ;) Sunburst Yellow, Jazz-Z lol

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
USA 'limited edition' market cars will have a hard time selling here and I'm referring to :

The 280Zapp of course
10th anniversary 280ZX in red/black, gold/black
50th anniversary Z31

automatic S30s* and turbo ZXs

*although I learnt a thing (from 'the man who knows...nearly....all') the other week that auto boxes were factory options available on european cars !

I know the restorer of this car - he works very well although I wonder why bother for this - it's hideous in looks imho !

SacCyclone

Club Member
Haha...Mike, now you've stepped in it. LOL

Sean, don't hold back or anything.....

I have been watching for a very nice condition Zed here in the states for over a year now and still nothing, they are mostly tattered and rusted. The cost of re-doing one is the same or more as a 240 so why bother, restoration does not make sense yet. Unless of course 40K becomes a reality for these cars.

Favorite 280 Zed is the Black Pearl.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Haha! Sean's I could live with ...

The bright yellows I meant. I think there are better colours that suit the shape more.