280z - Early '76 car

johnymd

Club Member
Just arrived and may sell as is to make some room. Car looks complete and panel fit is very good. All panels look solid as is the tailgate slam panel. I've not had a good look over the car or tried to start it as I'm too busy with another one. I've UK registered it and the plates should be through next week. The only area I can see with rust is around the battery tray. It looks like the battery has leaked for years and badly effected this whole area. The entire area around the battery will need to be cut out and replaced which is probably a good weekends work. On the plus side, this looks like the only work required on the car. Priced cheap to sell at £5k. It none is interested in the next few weeks then I'll get it useable and drive it around as is.

Viewing essential most weekends but ring me on 07785960533

Attachments

• IMG_3856.JPG
    IMG_3856.JPG
    464.4 KB · Views: 179
Just arrived and may sell as is to make some room. Car looks complete and panel fit is very good. All panels look solid as is the tailgate slam panel. I've not had a good look over the car or tried to start it as I'm too busy with another one. I've UK registered it and the plates should be through next week. The only area I can see with rust is around the battery tray. It looks like the battery has leaked for years and badly effected this whole area. The entire area around the battery will need to be cut out and replaced which is probably a good weekends work. On the plus side, this looks like the only work required on the car. Priced cheap to sell at £5k. It none is interested in the next few weeks then I'll get it useable and drive it around as is.

Viewing essential most weekends but ring me on 07785960533

Its useful that you can now register a car without MOT, is it fairly simple?

Makesy

Club Member
Its useful that you can now register a car without MOT, is it fairly simple?

Interested to know more about this - would love to register mine, but thought MOT was required first!

Do you have any pics of the car johny?

johnymd

Club Member
Yep. The rules have changed. I spoke with the DVLA last week and they confirmed that no MOT or Insurance was required.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Don't you have to supply form V112 or something - MOT exemption?
Do you print out and send a completed one to them?
Only thing is, it asks for the reg no ...

?
I would buy that in an instant if I had anywhere to put it - a nice stablemate in the 110 for my car ...

johnymd

Club Member
I'll wait and see what happen Mike. They just said that because the cars are over 40 years old then no MOT is required.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
I have registered quite a few MOT exempt cars recently and always filled in a V112 putting the VIN number in box where says 'Reg No'.

That is what I was told to do by the nice lady supervisor at the DVLA who is my go to troubleshooter - although that was back in May when the rule changes had only just come in.

Interesting to see if you get them through without the completed V112.

johnymd

Club Member
From what the advisor told me, the change happened in August, when the new v55/5 forms came out. No need to order forms anymore. Just print it off the website and fill it in.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
From what the advisor told me, the change happened in August, when the new v55/5 forms came out. No need to order forms anymore. Just print it off the website and fill it in.

I didn't know there was a new V55/5 form ? Still using my old stock up of the old style carbon originals with the B side that doesn't like ball point pens :D

johnymd

Club Member
With the amount of interest I've had, I thought I had better have another quick look under the car so people have a better idea of what to expect. I had a quick look when it was on the transporter but somehow missed a couple of obvious problems. The passenger rear floor area has a bigish hole and so does the rear of the drivers side floor rail. Also a hole just inside the passenger door. The areas that have rot seam to be very isolated and areas other than those mentioned are in really good condition.

johnymd

Club Member
I’ve created a page for this car on my website and will update with photos and info over the weekend.

johnymd

Club Member
Thanks Mike. Yes this is a great car. Things like the paint on the lip of the rear arches being in perfect shiny condition with not a single stone chip. The paint on the top areas has gone dull and worn a bit in places but around the bottom of the car its perfect. Its a shame about the battery tray and rear floor areas but all these parts car be welded up and wont show so you can leave the body as is. The interior is actually in great condition under all the crap. Struts and suspension parts still have factory stickers on them in places. Brakes appear to work fine and engine turns over. When I got it up on the lift today and started looking past the tired paint I had some regrets about putting it up for sale and if the guy that came over hadn't paid a deposit there and then I would of probably not sold it.

Robbie J

Club Member

So as I'm planning to make mine RHD should I register it before or after conversion? Its a running and driving car in good-ish condition, it would be fun to run it around for a while before we start converting it.