280z (and perhaps 260z?) door switch rubber

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
As requested on Facebook by someone here :cool:

here is file to 3D print the rubber... that looks to be available nowhere

It was designed to fit a blue 280z & i assume it matches to our Euro 260z but to be checked.

with the stp file, you can 3Dprint it into rubber... the softer you find at your machineshop.

minimum wall thickness is 1mm to match to the tech requirements of the supplier we used here.

Attachments

• back.JPG
    back.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 38
  • image_27573.jpg
    image_27573.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
  • image_27572.jpg
    image_27572.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
  • image_27540.jpg
    image_27540.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
  • Door-Switch-rubber_v5.zip
    98.3 KB · Views: 3

Jon_Flynn

Club Member
This is excellent. I have a 3D scanner that I'm slowly using to document some parts on one of my other cars - and will be doing some of the plastic parts for the Datsun in the winter this year.

I've already done the indicator surrounds for my 280z and will do some test 3D prints in the near future as one of mine is cracked and I've had to epoxy it back together.

What filament have the above been printed onto? I plan on using ABS for the indicator surrounds.

I'll also be looking to do the recording of parts for the 240 and 260 as well if anyone has any parts that they would fancy sending to me temporarily over the winter.

I did see that one guy has 3d printed the Datsun rear spoiler as well, using a fibreglass model as the 3D source file. Looks great and end to end cost is less than £50 for the print in 5 parts, epoxied together and smoothed, although I'm not sure what that will retail at....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supermik

Well-Known Forum User
Have thought for a long time that these machines are going to be the absolute future in small to medium parts production. Once the prices come down and the technology improves then perfect replica full panels should be possible.

Russell

Club Member
That someone here would have been me and I have been following the post on FB intently.

They look like they came out brilliantly and have to be one of the first properly recreated 3D printed parts for the S30?

I will definitely be ordering some as soon as I start putting my car back together.

Not sure how many cars on here have these style door pins but it might be worth doing a group buy, bulk order to bring the costs down?

What other parts can we start to reproduce now that have been impossible previously?

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
With 3Dprinting, grouping has not a huge impact on prices (design excluded) because there is no tooling...
if you plan to group then investing in a silicon mould makes sense...

I have made Mikuni side draft parts that I was missing
Colleague of club have made parts for distributor, towing eye or brackets for multi coils ignition system with laser cutting

Those additive machining tech or laser cutting are revolution for small volumes or tailored parts!!

Love it :)

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
3Dprinting makes sense for parts that are not available at msa, rockauto etc... or for tailored parts to fit foreign parts to our Z

If available oversea, there is no economical sense to use 3Dprinting.

A guy in the USA is redrawing tons of S130 parts and put them available for 3Dprinting... he is incredible!

Wyn

Club Member
Just noticed these, are they available to buy ? As am missing one and the other has been painted.