280z 2+2 on ebay

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Sorry I edited the title to match the advert and then realised you were correct and the advert wrong. :eek:

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Ha ha yes, there was a little confusion over VIN numbers I think. The seller says he also has a clean 2 seater 280z for sale as well, but it's not listed on ebay.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Ha ha yes, there was a little confusion over VIN numbers I think. The seller says he also has a clean 2 seater 280z for sale as well, but it's not listed on ebay.

I think the seller is the guy franky bought his car off.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User

Can't see how that would cause confusion :

bonnet
1975 USA import
Dashboard above glovebox
Drivers door jamb
engine plate under bonnet

All BIG clues as to the model type...even if someone doesn't know Zs that well !:eek:

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
I think the seller is the guy franky bought his car off.

Could be, he did mention that he'd imported other S30s before.

Can't see how that would cause confusion :

bonnet
1975 USA import
Dashboard above glovebox
Drivers door jamb
engine plate under bonnet

All BIG clues as to the model type...even if someone doesn't know Zs that well !:eek:

Very true, I think he went purely off the VIN number and mistook GHLS30 for GRLS30!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Ok guys, I'm sorry if it's getting boring but:

The strength of this car is it's body - nothing else.

Has the V8 improved it?

Have the wheels improved it?

'nicely converted' it says. :confused:

Then at the bottom of the advert he says it WAS originally a 280Z so in his eyes it is no longer a 280Z. What will it be registered as then - 280Z I bet?

So IMO it needs a donor car like Don Muscles to sort this (RHD nice interior).

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Ok guys, I'm sorry if it's getting boring but:

The strength of this car is it's body - nothing else.

Yep, pretty much Rob!

The shell is the only reason I started this thread, the only 2+2s that seem to come up for sale in this country are barely worth saving. Not sure it needs to be converted to rhd though, personally I'd just sell the wheels and V8 and put an original engine back in it :driving:

Last edited by a moderator:

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
I noticed in one of the engine bay pictures there is a chain coming from the engine to a bracket on the frame rail? What's that all about!