280 Z HAZARD LIGHTS ONE SIDE ONLY ?

ZedzDead

Club Member
Indicators work as they should But Hazards Only work on one side ( front and back ) Presume this is in the Hazard switch or possibly indicator stalk ? Carried out quick clean up and check of connections but all appears ok .
Anyone had similar problem and fixed it ?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Wouldn't think it's the switch if one side comes on. Does the hazard relay and/or flasher unit have one or two outputs? if two, is there any corrosion?

ZedzDead

Club Member
Wouldn't think it's the switch if one side comes on. Does the hazard relay and/or flasher unit have one or two outputs? if two, is there any corrosion?
To be perfectly frank I don't know Jon I'm at an early stage of trying to figure it out, I've got a spare switch but its from a UK car and has different connections so unable to swap over and at least eliminate that.

ZedzDead

Club Member
Hi, in this thread I have posed a home drawn diagram of the 240 indicator/hazard circuits and how they interact.

https://zclub.net/community/index.p...ms-no-indicators-or-brake-lights.27350/page-2

The 280 may be the same.

Your fault is likely to be the hazard switch IMO.

That's priceless information Rob thanks very much ! Just got to try and remember what I did with my micro screw drivers so i can take switch apart. Will update if and when I get them working :)

ZedzDead

Club Member