260z

Status
Not open for further replies.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Has anyone seen the latest offerings on EBay,Yes the white 260,wot is he on or am I missing something,some really not so tasty bits on it,bits missing engine with original cam and it’ll take your breath away when you give it some.So anyone with a decent Zed and I mean a decent Zed not something that looks like it’s been done up with wot ever bits they can find on the local council estate and thrown on,yeah I know I’m a bit fussy and being bitchy but come on mate not everyone is that stupid surely.It’s nice to think that our Zeds are worth a lot of money but when you get a clown like this I think it’s an insult to wot intelligence some of us might have,I’ve got a proper engine in mine and is a very high spec Zed and twice as good as that advertised so I value mine at £60,000 ,don’t think so somehow,that’s a proper nice Zed in my eye and there are many more owners with nice Zeds on and not on this forum,I think it’s our duty to bring these idiots down to earth and stop trying to rip someone off that knows nothing about cars as I’ve seen it a few times before
Rant over
Just saying it as it is if allowed

Attachments

• D0980559-9E94-44CD-877D-3503FF1E6722.jpeg
    D0980559-9E94-44CD-877D-3503FF1E6722.jpeg
    468.6 KB · Views: 73

JK240

Club Member
I liked the reference to it being close to an MZR car, I'm sure Rahail is delighted :)

"No point in silly offers I know what it is worth if you go the MZD I think it is you will pay over 100K but they are again amazing cars and like new. This car is close but I don't want that."

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
From the seller name and location, its a members car.
He's entitled to offer his car for sale for whatever he fancies, as long as its honestly described. That's not ripping anyone off.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I noticed the car too and thought the reference to MZR was a bit 'tongue in cheek' .

Status you are the one who criticizes us members from giving negative comments about people's cars for sale and then you have done the same this time.

Last edited:

uk66fastback

Club Member
1. He can advertise it for whatever he likes.
2. We are all capable of working out whether we think it’s a reasonable price or not.
3. Some of us have the ‘let’s not ruffle feathers’ default filter turned off.
4. To me, from what I can see, it’s expensive.
5. To even mention MZR in the ad is taking the proverbial.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
What's a driveable RHD 260Z coupe worth these days?

240Z must be around £35-40k? So he's probably not far off.

Last edited:

Mark N

Club Member
If the rust has been dealt with properly, it probably isn't that high for a RHD UK car.
There is not much there that couldn't be changed to your personal taste.
I think there is a tendency for people, that have some practical skills, to assess values on what it would cost them to do it, but without factoring in the man hours they spent.
Would I pay that price?
No, but not everyone has the aptitude, space or time to do it themselves so this may not be a bad alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.